Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro Mag AK mags

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The biggest thing is that they don't have steel locking lugs, and I've seen the plastic lugs break off.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Steel lining in the feed lips prevents them from bulging out and swelling when they're loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    The biggest thing is that they don't have steel locking lugs, and I've seen the plastic lugs break off.
    Also important. The lugs will break or just wear so fast they change the feed angle. Damn Promag.

Feedback Score
    The lugs will break or just wear so fast they change the feed angle.
    Then why the hell would SIG use polymer "Rock n lock" mags with NO metal lugs OR metal reinforcements in the feed lips?

Now I'll tell you straight up, I have no experience with the SIG550, but for what was devised as being a modernized AK of sorts as the SIG550 family is, why in the world would such mags become a standard for this rifle marketed as a "high quality ultra reliable" weapon???

Why the hell would you create a rifle, just to end up shitting on it with a supposedly "bad" magazine design?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    Then why the hell would SIG use polymer "Rock n lock" mags with NO metal lugs OR metal reinforcements in the feed lips?

Now I'll tell you straight up, I have no experience with the SIG550, but for what was devised as being a modernized AK of sorts as the SIG550 family is, why in the world would such mags become a standard for this rifle marketed as a "high quality ultra reliable" weapon???

Why the hell would you create a rifle, just to end up shitting on it with a supposedly "bad" magazine design?

Because the SIG 556 uses a different polymer.

If you want to use Promags, then by all means, spend your money and have at it.

Feedback Score
    Because the SIG 556 uses a different polymer.
    No, I was talking about the 550, not 556.

Here's the mag....
    http://www.sig551.com/templates/sg55...ig55130rnd.jpg

If this mag does uses a different polymer ( I read it is polycarbonate), fact is yes, you CAN have a tough mag without any metal reinforcement.

It's funny that Dave PAL84 said pro mags will bulge out at the feed lips. Does that mean the Magpul Pmags suck? I mean, there are caps that push rounds down as to prevent pressure on the lips. For a plastic AR mag that has thinner feed lips compared to plastic AK mags, you'd think some metal reinforcement would be the way to go.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I know what a 550 mag is and that's what I meant to type instead of 556.

Like I said man, buy up all those Promags you can.

Feedback Score
    Like I said man, buy up all those Promags you can.
    hell no, commie steel is around ~$10 each anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    With AK magazines, just stick to the foreign made MILITARY mags and you'll be fine.

That means no Bulgarian slabsides, clear (7.62), or "bullet" magazines, they are commercial.

If you want polymer 7.62x39mm mags, the Arsenal Bulgaria "Circle 10" "waffle" mags are the best out there. The Polish slab sided mags are decent but will usually show non critical stress cracks with use.

US made AK magazine are trash.

Temp,
    Would that happen to be an Afghan War Rug under the Bulgy Waffles???
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12