Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Mag AK mags

Feedback Score

Pro Mag AK mags

Has anyone tried any of the pro mag 30 rd. AK mags and if so were they good or bad?

Thanks,Mike

Feedback Score
    In my experience, anything with Pro-mag written on it is GREAT for practicing your malfunction drills.

However, I have no experience with their AK mags, so they could have finally pulled it together after making shitty AR and pistol mags for years.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Aherne View Post
    In my experience, anything with Pro-mag written on it is GREAT for practicing your malfunction drills.

However, I have no experience with their AK mags, so they could have finally pulled it together after making shitty AR and pistol mags for years.

Their AK mags are no different than their other mags. Pure unadulterated junk.

If you want poly AK mags get the Bulgarian waffles.

Feedback Score
    All this talk about how pro mag sucks, it can't be due to the material used.

I sense the problems are because they are out of spec?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post

The problems are because they are Pro-mag.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

They don't have metal lining in the feed lips which is part of the problem. The other part of the problem is that it was designed by Pro Mag

Pro-Mag is just a synonym for FTF.

Feedback Score
    They don't have metal lining in the feed lips which is part of the problem.
    Unless pro mag is using some insanely soft plastic, then no, the lack of metal reinforcement in the feed lips mean nothing.

There are tons of mags for many rifles out there that don't have metal reinforcement and work wonderfully.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    With AK magazines, just stick to the foreign made MILITARY mags and you'll be fine.

That means no Bulgarian slabsides, clear (7.62), or "bullet" magazines, they are commercial.

If you want polymer 7.62x39mm mags, the Arsenal Bulgaria "Circle 10" "waffle" mags are the best out there. The Polish slab sided mags are decent but will usually show non critical stress cracks with use.

US made AK magazine are trash.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Unless pro mag is using some insanely soft plastic, then no, the lack of metal reinforcement in the feed lips mean nothing.

There are tons of mags for many rifles out there that don't have metal reinforcement and work wonderfully.
    I don't care what mags work for other rifles with or without metal reinforcement--we're talking about AK's right?

All reliable AK magazines have metal lining in the feedlips.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    If you want polymer 7.62x39mm mags, the Arsenal Bulgaria "Circle 10" "waffle" mags are the best out there.
    100% Agree. However, I'd like to mention that black Bulgy waffles are the way to go. The smoke/clear waffles will crack and chip a whole lot easier.

Feedback Score
    I bought a three pack of coyote polymer 30 rd. mags a year ago and put them through some serious use with out a single hitch. I used wolf and south african ammo for the range time. The only problem I had was the mags fit very tight in the receiver due to being a little thick on the top side. They soon broke in with a little use. Either I was lucky or got a good batch. Just my personel experience with Pro-Mag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast