Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT's Estonian rifles

Feedback Score

LMT's Estonian rifles

Interesting that these are shipping with round counters and some have Holosun optics. Not very familiar, but I thought that Holosun was a Chinese hobby-grade optic.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...nian-contract/

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Interesting that these are shipping with round counters and some have Holosun optics. Not very familiar, but I thought that Holosun was a Chinese hobby-grade optic.

I wouldn't go that far. I think Holosun has proven themselves to at least be a good light duty optic for home defense or LE work. They have ruggedized "Mil-Spec" versions as well. Are we at the point where red dots are like LCD TVs where they're a mature, reliable and ubiquitous technology?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. I think Holosun has proven themselves to at least be a good light duty optic for home defense or LE work. They have ruggedized "Mil-Spec" versions as well. Are we at the point where red dots are like LCD TVs where they're a mature, reliable and ubiquitous technology?
    I think so. Holosun, Sig and vortex’s make good RDS optics for cheap. If you have one Aimpoint on a duty gun, no reason to spend $500+ on another aimpoint. A fellow member here who owns multiple RMR’ SRO’s.. suggested I buy a Holosun407 for my Sig Legion handgun. Has worked great. No regrets. I bought because it’s just as good at a fraction of the price.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post

They have some more expensive options made if titanium that are durable

Their pistol optics are ranked up their with rmr for half the cost. Aaron Cowan has one with well over 10k rounds with torture testing still going strong

He had the red Dot white paper and is one of the more knowledgeable on pistol rds.

He talks 3 for duty use

Aimpoint Acro (battery life sucks)
    Rmr
    Holosun 507c and 508t

More durable than DPP, shield, jpoint, etc

Like posted said above I have a pro on my main gun the rest get holosun. They work

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Closed emitter is the future and with Aimpoint cucking up battery life on the ACRO and Trijicon swinging and missing as hard as they did with the latest reveal Holosun popularity with the new 508/509T offerings is increasing leaps and bounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I plan to try the 509t with an offset mount as a BUS to my LPVO..
    I have a Holoson 530 Elite I have been using for a year, and like it’s large window a lot. It’s 9 oz’s in a scalarwoks 1.930 mount. Here is a review/torture test of it.

https://youtu.be/-MVlcJLz1-Q
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-29-20 at 23:18.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the article.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The companies that used to be known for making junky optics have really stepped up their game. They have also stepped up their prices to go along with it. Everyone wants to be able to charge Aimpoint money... but Aimpoint has a long and proven track record.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The companies that used to be known for making junky optics have really stepped up their game. They have also stepped up their prices to go along with it. Everyone wants to be able to charge Aimpoint money... but Aimpoint has a long and proven track record.
    Yeah they are slowly creeping up there.

It's also amusing that they all copy Aimpoint and Eotech with the sizes (Micros, reticles M4S bodies, etc).

It's like they (especially in SIGs case) took an Aimpoint catalog and told the OEM to make them look like that.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Holosun, Sig and vortex’s make good RDS optics for cheap.
    And the truth is there is one factory cranking out all of those brands for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast