Thread: Surefire X300 mounted on MI MCTAR-01???

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Surefire X300 mounted on MI MCTAR-01???

Guys,

I am in the process of updating a buddies AR right now, and I am looking to mount a Surefire X300 on his FSB by using the MI MCTAR-01. This is the set-up that I think will work best for his needs if it will mount without issues. Anyone running this set-up? Any issues mounting this set-up that you can think of?

I am looking to mount this set-up on a 14.5" Bushy 1/7 M4 upper with a Surefire M73 handguard that is already installed. Here is a pic of the upper that I am looking to mount the X300/MI MCTAR-01 onto:

Thanks in advance for any input, so I can spend his money properly!
    Last edited by nickdrak; 11-20-08 at 07:13.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    May I ask why you don't just mount it to the rail itself?

That is how I run mine on my LMT CQBR 10.5 gun. I also incorporated the XT interface for pressure pad use.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It takes up too much room on the rail, and requires that the VG be placed almost all the way to the rear of the rail to activate it comfortably which doesnt work at all with my preferred grip. I also like to have the light mounted as close to center as possible, and mounting it on one of the side rails puts it too far out to the side for me. The 12 o'clock position is idea, but I dont want the light mounted out in front of the FSB for this one.

I went ahead and ordered the light and MI mount, so we shall see how it works!