Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I found this video on youtube.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want my 6:57 back...
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    I ain't no expert....

I'm pretty sure that it is designed to do that, the gas rings are what gives it a tight fit with the bolt carrier.

One of the op checks that we did was to put the bolt (no cam) into the bolt carrier and hold it vertical, if the bolt fell out, the gas rings needed to be replaced. The next check was to put the complete BCG into the upper receiver (40 degree angle, shotgun stlye), pull the BCG back (not with the charging handle) and let it seat with it's own weight. If the bolt didn't lock then a further inspection of the key and cam pin were required.

Feedback Score
    I would be willing to bet a large amount of money that he is lifting the receiver up with his other hand. Notice that neither the back end of the receiver or his other hand is in view while he performs this so called test...

I tried the "test" on my carbine just now. My BCG slides like butter with pressure put on the bolt face. If you examine an upper, the cam pin rides inside a channel the whole length of the receiver. The bolt is only allowed to rotate when the cam pin reaches a cutout in the receiver.

He is an HK fanboy trying to stir shit up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd bet a whole dollar that this is the 'einzelherz' I found on that other, other, no not that one site that yapped endlessly about the problems with the AR bolt system and how the PWS system was a fragile POS, but when cornered wouldn't answer questions about his time with the system or his qualifications.

And to boot, here was his list of weapons (and costs):

vz24 - 130.00
    M91/30 - 90
    m38 80, SOME AMMO AND $25
    Enfield 2A - 150
    Toz 78 - 130

so 1040 for 6 rifles.

3200 is like a lot.

my most expensive firearm is my old steyr M9. $310 shipped.
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Feedback Score
    He has a point IMO, it's basically the buffer spring's job to overcome these forces which compounded could theoretically stop a VERY dry weapon (with no dry film lube in the upper either).

However, the fact of the matter is that how many of the "jams" (must be an industry technical term) you see are simple feedway stoppages that don't include an unextracted\unejected round, or a second live round? It simply doesn't happen often enough to be considered a "design flaw", because other things have to be wrong.
    Last edited by RealFastV6; 05-14-09 at 20:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by borgmatrix View Post
    i think that video is bs. the people on youtube are always arguing the difference about ak's vs ar's. i own both and nothing jammed like my romanian wasr. different mags, ammo etc. my yugo is flawless, but you can tell my dpms ar is so much better. i'd like to see this guy stick his finger in the bolt of an ak. to many kids on youtube do nothing more than play video games and think they know it all. just my 2 cents
    You mean all the COD 4 keyboard commandos? Yeah I see slot of em at school, they play games like COD4 and think as soon as they see a gun their automatically weapons experts. Kinda funny actually. Like the kinda people you see on yahoo asking how much a "M40A3" costs and you know darn good and well they wouldn't even know what a M40 was if they didn't play a military vid. game.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

If you can't get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them

Feedback Score
    He is trying to compare the physics of slow speed "finger" manipulation with that of the high speed physics of actual firing.... Apples and Oranges. When you drive a cars tires across a wet surface at slow speed you have traction (friction), at high speed you hydroplane (loss of friction). His stupid little demo also fails to take into acount the forward momentum and energy of that BCG.

Hence the term "ERRORNET" huh.

In over 26 years of experience with the M16/AR platform I cannot think of a single malfunction that I might have attributed to this.
    Last edited by CAPT KIRK; 05-17-09 at 17:04.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123