Thread: AK rear sights

Feedback Score

AK rear sights

Somewhere I saw an aperture style rear sight mounted on the dust cover of an AK. I can't seen to find it anywhere. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd wait for the TechSIGHTs to come out...they will be attached somehow to the receiver and should be rock solid, considering thier other work (SKS and AK sights). These would give you A1 style sights.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usp mike View Post
    Somewhere I saw an aperture style rear sight mounted on the dust cover of an AK. I can't seen to find it anywhere. Any help will be appreciated!
    Although a peep sight should be closer to the eye, the dust cover is a terrible place to mount any sight because that 1mm cover flexes a lot during firing.

Usually I see Hk style drum sights welded to the top cover but they are mostly for aesthetics IMHO. "Blackthorne" (formerly Vulcan, formerly Hesse) sold/sells a dust cover with the peep installed but I'll never recommend those dirtbags.

The Kreb's Custom Beryl-style rail has an integrated rear sight. Currently the best for a rear peep but you're going to pay for it.
    Last edited by Dave_M; 11-24-08 at 11:08.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Didn't Copes have a knockoff of the Krebs top rail? Seems to memory that they did at about half price... Plus they now offer the jPoint style rear sight replacement thing.

eta: not Copes with the Iron Dot--that was Larue.
    Last edited by Vic303; 11-24-08 at 16:52. Reason: correction

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic303 View Post
    Didn't Copes have a knockoff of the Krebs top rail? Seems to memory that they did at about half price... Plus they now offer the jPoint style rear sight replacement thing.
    The Cope's version was really more a knock-off of the Polish Beryl rail. The Cope's version isn't ideal because it involved screwing and unscrewing a screw out of the buttstock everytime you broke the gun down.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    'Course, I wonder if you could epoxy a nut into the stock recessed, and thread the screw down into it, to hold the rail attachment down...?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic303 View Post
    'Course, I wonder if you could epoxy a nut into the stock recessed, and thread the screw down into it, to hold the rail attachment down...?
    I have one like that. Comes with two different screws, one for a standard stock and one for a folder. There is a thumbscrew that tightens directly into the stock screw. I can't seem to recall the company. I remember ordering it and some time later it came in the mail from Germany.

The real deal has a bracket on the trunnion for the rail to attach to.