Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which DS Arms to Get?

Feedback Score
    Cameron, GREAT POST! That's precisely what I was looking for. I'm glad you detailed your problems with the Socom stock, as you just saved me lots of money! I sure didn't doubt your word or anyone else's for that matter.

All the information posted by everyone has been a great help. I'm leaning toward the 16" unless someone can give me a good reason for the extra 2 inches of barrel.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The shortest barrel the engineers at FN could make a FAL run reliably in battle conditions was 17 & 3/4 of an inch... & They have forgotten more about FALs than we will ever know…

YMMV
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    Dang Buck, I guess you gave me a very good reason to go 18". That little bit of information kinda complicates things.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rly45acp View Post
    Dang Buck, I guess you gave me a very good reason to go 18". That little bit of information kinda complicates things.

When two battle rifle guys are telling you basically exactly the same thing.........
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I hear ya! Thanks much for the valuable advice.

Feedback Score
    rly45acp, DSA makes nice rifles, but somtimes they use surplus parts. For the exspensive price just make sure they give you new, US Made internals. Might save you from worrying about rusting problems.
    I would listen to the pros on the barrel length. I bought a 16", short gas system upper, that both lend to kicking my a** at the range. The fixed stock is a bit more robust and is easier on the shoulder than the Para version. I still prefer the para stock though.
    K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want a Para Congo...

Anyone know the wait time? I heard a nasty rumor that it was 4 months.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    usmadefals.com usually has them in stock. I have never ordered from him myself. I think my local range has some in stock, but they are a little high. I'll call mu buddy up there today and see, you should be able to order over the phone, and have it shipped to your FFL. I believe the wait time is 4-6 months. I got an OSW earlier this year that took over 6 months to get not including the time for the tax stamp. I have not had a single problem with mine. You will not be disappointed in the rifle, I got the quad rail, extended duty mount, and trigger job(which is great), and could not be happier. It is definitely my favorite rifle.

Feedback Score
    Are the barrels on the congo model chrome lined?
    Last edited by QuickStrike; 11-24-08 at 06:42.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I personally prefer the 18" barrel, but I also own a 16" barrel.

No worries. You don't get down to 7.62x39mm velocity until you're talking about the OSW, which is stupid short for a battle rifle.

Vickers with his practical FAL set up:

Correct me if I'm wrong Templar, but isn't that one that LAV is holding a 16" with full length gas system?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast