Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malkoff vs. Competors

Malkoff vs. Competors

I've seen glowing reports on the Malkoff for Surefire G2s, etc., and am curious about how their competitors stack up. My application is hunting hogs, coyotes, etc. at night, so maximum light at distance is the goal. Heat build up could be a concern, but typically we don't run the lights continuously. The three examples below are what I've come up with as alternatives to the Malkoff, at half the price or less. I'm not opposed to paying the full rate for the Malkoff unless one of these others will accomplish the same goals for a fraction of the price.

So, any thoughts on these or others?

1. Alpha Series G5, G6, G8 (some have the "Flash" designation, Ebay $23-33.
    2. CREE LED bulb fit Surefire G2 6P, Ebay $13
    3. More specifically, CREE Q5, P4 and R2, Ebay $8.99-20.

Many thanks!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Thanks for the link. It shows your unit as a 3 Watt. Any idea on how many standard Lumens that measures out to?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    No but it is significantly brighter than the stock bulb in my G2.

I have a number of these that I have been using for a year or so and I have had no problems.

Buckaroo
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Look at the High Output D26-LED by Lumens Factory. It got some pretty favorable reviews in the thread I posted here : https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...lumens+factory. Plus it's only $24 on their website.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    I have both a Malkoff M60 and a cheaper "260 Lumen" drop-in that cost 1/3 as much.
    The Malkoff is made MUCH better: It is brighter, has a more balanced/even beam, and does not degrade in brightness over time (probably due to the large heat sink).
    In short, the Malkoff is worth the money.
    Jesus said, "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Luke 12:49

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have bought the Malkoff, the Lumens Factory, and a couple others. While the others have generally worked fine, no others even come close in beam quality, output over time/heat sinking, and overall build quality.

If it's for anything important, or you really care about quality, there is no other choice.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have bought the Malkoff, the Lumens Factory, and a couple others. While the others have generally worked fine, no others even come close in beam quality, output over time/heat sinking, and overall build quality.

If it's for anything important, or you really care about quality, there is no other choice.

Dennis.
    +1. If you spend anytime at the light junkie sites like Candlepowerforums, you will see the Malkoff is universally considered the best drop-in out there.

Feedback Score
    +P+ Malkoff Devices +P+

Plus Mr. Gene Malkoff responds and works with you straightaway if there's some "glitch" one may encounter.

Feedback Score

Cheap Alternative

Hey if you want to try a cheap drop in for shooting hogs, try this R2 for $12.40 plus free shipping: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11836 If you are using this in a G2, then you will need to remove the outer spring on the module so that it will fit right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast