Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knight picatinny rail on bushmaster

Feedback Score
    It may help to loosen the nut on the RAS and install it on your rifle while holding the rifle horizontally. Gravity is your friend. I did this and it went on without a hitch.

Feedback Score

Final thought on the rail

I have tried to loosen the screw and took it out no go to get the KAC on the bushmaster! A friend talked to a gunsmith that deals with black rifles and he told him that the goverment M-16 A-4's are just a bit larger them civilian rifles and the rails won't fit. I looked at the rail and it seams that with a small amount of grinding on corners it would fit but I don't want to ruin the rail. Thanks for everyones help on the problem.
    Last edited by ssduck30; 12-03-08 at 23:46.

Feedback Score
    I have watched our armorers put them on department Bushmasters. As long as the weapon was held in the horizontal position they went on fine. You may need the handguard tool to pull the delta ring down far enough while the weapon is horizontal.

If that does not work something may be out of spec.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssduck30 View Post
    I have tried to loosen the screw and took it out no go to get the KAC on the bushmaster! A friend talked to a gunsmith that deals with black rifles and he told him that the goverment M-16 A-4's are just a bit larger them civilian rifles and the rails won't fit. I looked at the rail and it seams that with a small amount of grinding on corners it would fit but I don't want to ruin the rail. Thanks for everyones help on the problem.

Dude anyone saying that the M16A4 is larger than civilian rifles is feeding you a line...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    ssduck30,

Before you grind, knock out the roll pins, take out the parts held in by them and install the rails. I had to do mine that way and the rail is rock solid, no movement whatso ever.

tex
    All it takes for evil to occur, is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I agree that the key is to remove the screw and let gravity take over. It may be possible to do it without removing but I sure couldn't do it on my carbine or my friends A4. It can be a bit of a pain doing all the manipulating while holding back the delta ring. IIRC you remove the screw tip, the front into the handguard cap, lay the rifle horizontal. Pull back on the delta ring, the rear retainer should flop down far enough and with some jiggling get into position. The rear of the handguard body may not want to go in but should start, I just smack it with the palm of my hand and it falls in. Insert screw, tighten drop in bottom portion. Overll it may have been easier with a handguard tool but I can't bring myself to buy one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12