Thread: AK Bullpup conversion?

Feedback Score

AK Bullpup conversion?

My wife and daughters really like bullpup rifles. I saw a bullpup conversion kit for an AK at DSArms.com but have no knowledge of it. Has anyone here seen one in person, or maybe own or shot one? The AK is a bit barrel-heavy for the girls and I was considering the conversion for them. Thanks!

Here's a link to the conversion kit:

Bullpup-Conversion-Package

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry View Post
    My wife and daughters really like bullpup rifles. I saw a bullpup conversion kit for an AK at DSArms.com but have no knowledge of it. Has anyone here seen one in person, or maybe own or shot one? The AK is a bit barrel-heavy for the girls and I was considering the conversion for them. Thanks!

Here's a link to the conversion kit:

Bullpup-Conversion-Package

That's the same kit K-Var was sporting for a while.

Like nearly all bullpups, the trigger is terrible. The trigger wire that comes with the kit usually has to be replaced (people like guitar strings) because it breaks.

Sights really suck on it too. If you buy one I suggest putting an Ultimak on it /w a red dot and completely forgoing the iron sights.

I made my own bullpup about 4 years ago using an AMD-65 forend and adding a trigger. It functioned ok but I couldn't get over the trigger.