Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my LMT Piston!

Feedback Score

Got my LMT Piston!

Pigs must be flying....

I picked up my LMT Piston from the gun shop today. My guy had ordered it at SHOT. I apologize for the lack of pics but I got home after dark and taking pictures inside just doesn't work here. The good news is they are shipping.

I'll take some pics tomorrow but it looks like it does in other pictures. Easy to tear down. Very simple. Fit and finish look like a standard LMT MRP. Everything in the box is just like a regular MRP..they still include the torque wrench.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    Pigs must be flying....

I picked up my LMT Piston from the gun shop today. My guy had ordered it at SHOT. I apologize for the lack of pics but I got home after dark and taking pictures inside just doesn't work here. The good news is they are shipping.

I'll take some pics tomorrow but it looks like it does in other pictures. Easy to tear down. Very simple. Fit and finish look like a standard LMT MRP. Everything in the box is just like a regular MRP..they still include the torque wrench.
    Cool! Now go shoot it and let us know how she runs....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    well wonders will never cease. This should be interesting. Any noticable changes from the SHOT Show?

Boltgun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    well wonders will never cease. This should be interesting. Any noticable changes from the SHOT Show?

Boltgun
    Looking at the SHOT pics... The way the piston locks/unlocks to the gas block is different. It now has a small spring loaded plunger/pin. You press that in and rotate the piston to unlock it. Then it just slides out. Reverse that for installation. The only other thing I notice is that the bolt isn't chromed. The specs now say they use some special lubricating finish so I assume that's why. It's so simple you really wonder where all the time was spent....but then again, I don't design rifles.

Feedback Score
    pix please

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It was just wrong to start this thread and not post any pictures.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    Looking at the SHOT pics... The way the piston locks/unlocks to the gas block is different. It now has a small spring loaded plunger/pin. You press that in and rotate the piston to unlock it. Then it just slides out. Reverse that for installation. The only other thing I notice is that the bolt isn't chromed. The specs now say they use some special lubricating finish so I assume that's why. It's so simple you really wonder where all the time was spent....but then again, I don't design rifles.

Is the gas plug more like an FN FAL?

What about the BCG? What was their answer to the issue of a tilting BCG during cycling and causing excess wear on the RE's 4-7 o'clock positions? Maybe that's why they were taking their time?

Boltgun

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Strip it and pic it.....PLEASE

Feedback Score
    Did you get the gas piston conversion or the whole rifle. I already have a CQB MRP and waiting for the conversion to come out.

Feedback Score
    Man you guys are starting to make me jealous!!! I can't wait to get mine...it has been a loooooong wait!!!!!!!!!

Let us know how it shoots...range reports and lots of pictures!!!

Cohibra45

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast