Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: Weaponlight mount pic thread?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    We took measurements on one of the floor units at SHOT and it appears to be the same as a normal Scout. Unfortunately they wouldn't let us remove the picatinny mount and test it out in one of ours. I'll certainly post about it as soon as I get one of the lights in. They do run pretty hot. The bezel was uncomfortable to touch after ~30 seconds.
    I noticed that same thing with my Protac 2L. Back when I was a LEO I was working an off duty security gig and accidentally left the light on inside my front pocket. It didn't take long to notice how hot the bezel was when I grabbed it. Not a big deal, it's been a solid EDC light for me for several years.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    My ProTac 2L is as follows: 2 CR123 batteries

.765" on the barrel where clip is attached

.832-.852" on the tail cap (smooth/knurled)

.837" headlamp

Hope this helps
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Got Surefire's newer 45° mount today. Great little piece. Attaches to the light via two T15 torx screws, vs. the tiny screws (T8?) that the factory mount attaches with, and the cross bolt threads into a "cleat" as they call it, rather than the mount itself. So if you strip the "cleat", or just cake it in Loctite after a few years of use, it's simple to replace, rather than replacing the entire mount. I've not had a lot of issues, but having stripped out an IWC/HSP Thorntail in the past, and having to wait for a replacement, I do like the modularity of it.

It also is very light, and sits very tight to the rail. The HSP stuck it out and slightly up, where this just sticks it out, so there's a little less of the light in your FOV. Not a big consideration for AR's, but nice with the Ultimak. I really like it.

Looks thick in the second photo, but I don't see any of it through the optic or with the irons. Completely unobtrusive.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    Got Surefire's newer 45° mount today. Great little piece. Attaches to the light via two T15 torx screws, vs. the tiny screws (T8?) that the factory mount attaches with, and the cross bolt threads into a "cleat" as they call it, rather than the mount itself. So if you strip the "cleat", or just cake it in Loctite after a few years of use, it's simple to replace, rather than replacing the entire mount. I've not had a lot of issues, but having stripped out an IWC/HSP Thorntail in the past, and having to wait for a replacement, I do like the modularity of it.

It also is very light, and sits very tight to the rail. The HSP stuck it out and slightly up, where this just sticks it out, so there's a little less of the light in your FOV. Not a big consideration for AR's, but nice with the Ultimak. I really like it.

Looks thick in the second photo, but I don't see any of it through the optic or with the irons. Completely unobtrusive.

That looks like a fantastic option.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    That looks like a fantastic option.
    I'm really liking it. Ran four mags last night, two with the dot, two without, with no complaints. Unless it just crumbles or something, I think it's a winner.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quick couple of photos showing the Surefire mount with the DD fixed front. I use an X300 on this rifle, but while I had the light off the AK above, I figured I'd see how it fit behind the DD. Fits well, and if you had the front sight at the end of a 13" rail, the bezel of the M600 would be about as far forward as possible, while staying safely behind the comp on a 16" barrel.

Fairly specific info, but info nonetheless.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    New Streamlight Protac rail mount series on our Inline Scout Mount.

Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    New Streamlight Protac rail mount series on our Inline Scout Mount.

I ordered the 600 lumen streamlight protac, will probably be getting a mount if the light is quality.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I ordered the 600 lumen streamlight protac, will probably be getting a mount if the light is quality.
    The 2 cell version will require a ball head allen key if you use our inline mount because the light body extends back over the forward most keymod or M-Lok screw a little.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The 2 cell version will require a ball head allen key if you use our inline mount because the light body extends back over the forward most keymod or M-Lok screw a little.
    Thank you very much for the heads up

Page 84 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast