Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7mm08

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Browning A-Bolt Medallion chambered for 7mm-08.
    I do not handload so I don't shoot too many rounds through it. I've fired perhaps 260 rounds through it. Ammunition runs about ~$25 per box for the cheap hunting stuff.

The recoil is light, certainly more than a .223, but I can sit at the bench and shoot two boxes (40 rounds) and I am fine. I do like the recoil characteristics of the round.
    Accuracy is something I can't judge.
    First off I don't handload so I have to purchase factory ammunition and I usually don't go for the $40 per box stuff. Secondly, I am not a very good shot with a rifle. I've shot the rifle at 400 yards and found it to be quite difficult, even when on a bench. I had difficulty hitting "large" targets, say 3'x3'. No spotting scope, just my rifle glass and a bit of trajectory information. I don't think this was any problem with the rifle/caliber, but more of a shooter problem. I can't shoot for shit, so it doesn't really matter what amazing wildcat round you give me. One thing I really regret is not being able to shoot a precision rifle well. Someday I hope to learn.
    Move the target closer and I am good to go. At 250 yards clay pigeons are no problem .
    Aimpoint M4S- Because your next Aimpoint battery hasn't been made yet.

Feedback Score
    My TIKKA T3 in 7mm08 is my favorite deer rifle. with the Hornady interbond and a stout load of 4064 it stacks the 140's into less than a inch with boring regularity. The 7mm08 is one of my all time favorite callibers and this TIKKA is the 3rd I've owned the other 2 being a M70 featherweight and a Browning BLR. All were accurate and hit hard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123