Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: best lvpo for 600?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Disappointed nobody has mentioned the Yetis' study on this issue yet....
    It in mentioned in the link below but I couldn't find it. Where would it be?

https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/best-a...e-yeti-fisher/
    Last edited by titsonritz; 03-25-21 at 05:00.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It in mentioned in the link below but I couldn't find it. Where would it be?

https://www.arbuildjunkie.com/best-a...e-yeti-fisher/

Well crap, he completely re did his website. He used to have it there. Basically the article you read has the high points---if you don't want to spend $1700, buy a PST or the Burris.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Personally, I went with the PST. His only real complaint about it was the weight.. its a good scope.
    Last edited by Esq.; 03-25-21 at 06:25.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    How is the eye relief and durability on the VX-6HD, and does it use that funky push-button thing Leupold used to use?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    How is the eye relief and durability on the VX-6HD, and does it use that funky push-button thing Leupold used to use?
    Eye relief is good, don't have an exact measurement for you. As far as long term durability I have it on an AR-10 'pistol' with no complaints so far, but I haven't ran hundreds of rounds through it yet. After a lot of research it seems to get about the same reviews as the Razor. I personally am not a fan of the Razor reticle and like the horseshoe BDC, the dot in the center of the horseshoe is nice and small so you should be able to get some pretty good precision out of it. It is the funky push button for the illumination but it's very easy and quick to use. I don't know if they've changed how it operates but any firedot scopes I messed with while working at the gun store 10 years ago seemed to be a lot weirder, the push button on the VX-6 is a quick push to turn on and it's back to the previous brightness from when you turned it off. Now that it's warming up I should have the chance to run it at a bit longer distances to see how well I can get it dialed in.

Feedback Score
    Eye relief is good, don't have an exact measurement for you. As far as long term durability I have it on an AR-10 'pistol' with no complaints so far, but I haven't ran hundreds of rounds through it yet. After a lot of research it seems to get about the same reviews as the Razor. I personally am not a fan of the Razor reticle and like the horseshoe BDC, the dot in the center of the horseshoe is nice and small so you should be able to get some pretty good precision out of it. It is the funky push button for the illumination but it's very easy and quick to use. I don't know if they've changed how it operates but any firedot scopes I messed with while working at the gun store 10 years ago seemed to be a lot weirder, the push button on the VX-6 is a quick push to turn on and it's back to the previous brightness from when you turned it off. Now that it's warming up I should have the chance to run it at a bit longer distances to see how well I can get it dialed in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://dsgarms.com/magnified-optics...30-vorpst-1607

$650 with QD Mount.

I have two of the Vortex Optics PST 1-4 Gen 1 scopes, and love them. I should have gotten a few more, while they aren't perfect, they are above and beyond wonderful at the price point.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    A Swampfox Arrowhead and a good mount would fit your budget.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an older VX6 Multigun on an AR10 with about 5,000 rds through it with no issues. Eye relief is good, glass is clear, and it's WAY lighter than the Vortex. Illum is "shake awake" so it's off until you pick it up. Not good for a trunk gun, but perfect for a home/competition gun.

As for "fragile" - I call BS. I'm very hard on it with 3-gun and centerfire biathlon competitions (almost 200k total of hardcore running/falling/crawling/obstacle course type stuff with the rifle bouncing on my back or dragged through the mud with me) in the worst weather out there and it's always held zero and never had an issue.
    Last edited by Matt in TN; 03-25-21 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    A Swampfox Arrowhead and a good mount would fit your budget.
    Saw a Supersetca review on those today.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast