Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get into 9MM???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Get into 9MM???

I have a lower,what's the least expensive and most basic 9MM setup?Upper,block...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i do not own a 9mm AR ...yet...am in the process of shopping for one

i was going to do my build "on the cheap" as it was intended to be a range toy and i have a large pile of uzi mags i thought id use. after a bunch of reading, i decided to spend a little more to make sure that it runs instead of just a range paperweight

read all the posts here:
    http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showth...ight=mag+block

it has the basics of the mag block and then links to all kinds of resources/discussions on how to work a 9mm ar project

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i had a ZM block, i had to do modding to the mags and magblock to get them to work, and mags never were quick change as they were to tight. I am doing a Hahn block next.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anybody make a block and mag that "work" without trouble and mods???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARPATRIOT View Post
    Does anybody make a block and mag that "work" without trouble and mods???
    Ditto. My understanding is that unless you buy a Colt and use nothing but Colt Mags (which are like $100 a piece) that the mags and the mag block will require a lot of tinkering.
    Last edited by No Bananas; 11-29-08 at 16:45.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    My RRA block worked 100% with ProMags.
    With the C-Products mags I had to file a bit on the feed lips to clear the bolt properly.
    With the last batch of C-Products mags I got they ran fine right out of the bag.
    It has fed 100% from these as well.

MetalForm was the previous maker of the Colt mags and they sell them for about $34 from their website. These are said to run perfect with the Hahn or RRA Block.
    I have not personally used them.

For $16.99 per mag on sale, I didn't mind a few minutes with a Dremel on my C-Products mags.

Getting into a 9mm cheap isn't too realistic nowadays. And the recent surge in popularity has made it a bitch to find parts at times.
    Watch the boards for people dumping 9mm uppers cheap when they don't run.
    Too many folks set them up wrong, then blame the gun. (ie...9mm hammer with a ramped bolt)

I built mine from a lot of spares and parts I found on the boards.
    I run a Spikes lower with an RRA 9mm Hammer, RRA magwell block, and RRA 9mm Buffer. My upper is an Anvil Arms A3 with a 9mm port door and gas deflector. The FA hole is plugged with a delrin plug from Adco.
    I use an RRA unramped bolt and a Spikes 6" barrel.
    This rig has had only one hiccup and that was with crappy UMC 9mm that didn't eject.
    To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it. - GK Chesterton

Feedback Score
    I have a CMMG upper on a RRA lower using a Hahn block.

it is 100% with C-Products mags and converted UZI mags.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow,
    I didn't even know that CMMG got around to making their 9mm uppers. Cool.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    No Bananas ..... you can buy original Colt mags w/o the pony on the floor plate from Metalform -the original manufacturer for $39.95. They have been talked about on this forum. I tried one and they are perfect/identical to my 1998 era Colt stamped mags AND they have the metal follower of the 1995 era mags !

Harold H.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The 9mm on the AR platform is less than optimal. It's too problematic. With the ramping carriers, and breaking pins and all of this nonsense.

I've approached the idea several times. And each time I start to get into the details, I say "Screw it. It's not worth the aggrivation!".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast