Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need shotgun for keeping out of gun safe

Feedback Score
    Mr Kassnar, your tactical with the ghosts and rails appears to be an 870 clone, would it take an 870 mag. ext.? I'm looking for a trunk monkey and that appears perfect!

Feedback Score
    There is a product called Lifejacket that locks around the receiver of a shotgun ( or pistol, or AR-15). Cost is reasonable $20-$30.
    It can be secured to a wall stud with lag screws. Won't say it cannot be removed but it would take while. Yet the weapon is readily available with simply key lock.
    The key locks can be changed such you have only one key for multiple weapons.
    This is my less-than-gun-safe solution for a ready home defense weapon.

Stay safe.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Mossberg 590A1 on a whim thinking I'd use it for HD (18" bbl, ghost ring sights, and a +2 extension made it hold 7 rounds). I've had basic training in the academy with the shotgun, but never any CQ stuff. However, I've put 10K+ rounds through my issued beretta and almost as many through my USP45 w/ x300 that I choose carry on duty. I've cleared a couple buildings (not tacticool swat team style, but patrol deputy/officer style) when responding to alarms at businesses and wharehouses. Sold the 12ga after realizing I am much more comfortable with my handguns in a CQ or HD situation with my current set of skills...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I made the mistake of leaving an 870 outside the safe. It was the one gun that was stolen from me when my house was burglarized.

Something that had never entered my mind until this happened...

Someone breaks in. They're in your bedroom/closet/gun room/whatever looking for anything and everything. They find your shotgun. Your arrive home and, because they entered through the rear, you have no idea they are there. You surprise them and they are now armed with the shotgun you left out.

What do you think happens next?

This scenario is not far fetched, and is almost what happened to me. Fortunately they had a way out through the back door and left rather than deciding to stay and fight, and they had made enough of a mess in the living room (muddy footprints on light tile) that I knew something was amiss.

I am a fan of having a ready gun, but I think that a pistol, with a light, in a lockbox is a better solution for me.
    So you had a showdown?

Feedback Score
    I keep an old Police trade in 870 Wingmaster out for HD. I gave $150 for from SOG a few years ago.
    The devil danced as he went down
    In the hail of arrows comin'
    Out on the wild Montana ground,
    Custer died a-runnin'.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by royta View Post
    Big 5 had the Field Tactical on sale, until 12/7, for $220. Great price, but $270 regular price. $250 MSRP? No wonder I don't think of Big 5 when it comes time to buy a new gun.

would i be able to throw some ghost rings on a standard field tactical?
    Dan@ Valley Center Gun Safety

Feedback Score
    I picked up a used 870 20 guage youth model, for $200.00 its short, light,and easy to move around with. 5 rounds of 00 buck should do the trick, inside or outside, and for 200 bucks, take it, and get the, FU#& !!!! out of my house...
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT ! DON'T LOOK AT IT !

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For your consideration . . . check out the long gun Vault. Secured and quick access. Not sure if these are made any more though?
    Slugger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123