Thread: upgrading new mags

Feedback Score

upgrading new mags

I am installing the magpul followers on new magazines I bought. This is the first time I take apart a mag and I thought the spring would of had light lube on it. I didn't notice any. Should I add some as I reassemble the mags back?

Feedback Score
    Not if it is stainless steel. I've heard you should lightly coat chrome silicon springs. Which mags do you have?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatt View Post
    Not if it is stainless steel. I've heard you should lightly coat chrome silicon springs. Which mags do you have?
    D&H Industries

Feedback Score
    D&H should have SS springs unless you bought them with a chrome silicon spring "upgrade." I wouldn't use any oil anywhere around those mags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatt View Post
    D&H should have SS springs unless you bought them with a chrome silicon spring "upgrade." I wouldn't use any oil anywhere around those mags.
    I think it's the SS. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Mags

I love my MagPul's!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platinumdude View Post
    I thought the spring would of had light lube on it.
    To quote "Squints" from the movie THE SANDLOT... "If you were thinkin', you wouldn't have thought that"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just did the same to 20 USGI mags myself yesturday. I had five that I used all the time that were filthy. A little Hoppes Elite a tooth brush and some hot water cleaned them up quick. Dried them in the oven and then tried alittle silicone spray lube on the inside (of the 5 mags). Normally I just clean and reassemble but I was having some problems with a couple of new Butler Creek High Cap 10/22 mags a month ago and a friend said spray them with silicone lube and blow it dry with compressed air. I haven't had a colum hangup since on the two bulk boxes of Federal. I was really impressed though with the Elite cleaner. Sure beats sniffing Reg. Hoppes in the basement.

Feedback Score
    I got a couple of brand new D&Hs. I replaced the stock followeres with Magpul followers and Ranger Plates. Did this with a few 10 year old USGI mags, too. They work great!