Thread: Basic ***** Colt M4 Carbine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Basic ***** Colt M4 Carbine

Edit: My drunk ass effed up the uniform in the background, so I’ve deleted the pic. Will update later.

I hesitate to post this because its not a franken-gun. However, I did put some effort into it. It is a conventional Army clone-ish. I still need to get an un-painted M68 (or ACOG) and a PEQ-15.

Lower: Colt from a monolithic rifle. I added a band of tire tube, a couple drops of oil, and a USGI M16 sling.

Upper: this is where it got fun. I used a 6920 upper with KAC RAS, and added a Matech rear BUIS. I rebarrelled it with a MMC “contract” “SOCOM” 14.5” barrel. I pinned and welded an A2 to it using a KAC spacer, but then measured it again at like 15.999999”. Well, ****. I swear it was 16.1” before I welded. Well, maybe I don’t know how to measure. So, I ground off the weld and found a locknut that a buddy donated with a loud ass brake. It was significantly thicker. I used a bridge reamer and a cylindrical dremel stone to open up one third of it, since the thread root was chubby. I then used sandpaper on glass to time it so the flats were vertical. Then, I did the same to the forward face until the A2 was timed properly. So then I measured twice, three times, and hit the drill press again. After I pinned it, I welded it again and measured it at 16.1”. I blued it, then Kryloned it black.

The grip contains oil and a M68 battery.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-12-21 at 15:17.