Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why SBR?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by faithmyeyes View Post
    What is it about SBRs that make them so desirable? Is it agility? Concealability? Reduced overall length when used with a suppressor? Or is it just something people like?

Don't misunderstand me - this isn't a "why would anyone need those evil weapons" post. I'm just curious to hear from those who would know about what advantages SBRs have that make them worth the extra $200 + administrative hassle. I don't really even understand what the rationale is for their being NFA restricted.
    Take a CQB shooting school with a 16" AR and then take it with a 10.5 SBR. This will answer any and all questions.

The other thing is that by the time you attach a suppressor to a 16" AR, you are looking at over a 20" weapon.

C4

Feedback Score
    My support side hand can easily reach past the muzzle of a 10.5 or 11.5" AR.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    surprise cock fag!
    haha i love noveske
    Last edited by AirmanAtwood; 12-15-08 at 14:45.
    “The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.”

Feedback Score

Reasons for building an SBR

For those of you who have built or are thinking of building an SBR, what is the reason for doing it, per the form 1 question? Collectors item and investment?
    Doctors orders because I can't extend my arm very far forward? I do close quarter room sweeps in my house every night before going to bed? Because it looks
    fun? Is there a right answer and a wrong answer?
    Last edited by high888; 12-19-08 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ALL LEAGAL PERPOSES

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Collection and Investment is somewhat common.

or you could put... "I'm so short that an A2 looks like a fence post next to me!"

Feedback Score
    Because it's "patriotic".

You're supporting the Constitution and you're "donating" $200 to the US Treasury.
    But most importantly, it's the one thing on a guy where being "small" is a good thing!

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by faithmyeyes View Post
    What is it about SBRs that make them so desirable? Is it agility? Concealability? Reduced overall length when used with a suppressor? Or is it just something people like?
    Except for the suppressor part, all the above applies to me. Many others added the cool factor (CDI) and that's true too. Let me add one more thing, it's because I just might piss off some liberal that I have an SBR.

I was at a gunshow right after the election. The gunshow was held next to a train (the choochoo toy kind) show and I overheard a long haired 20 something made the comment as he saw people going into and coming out of the gunshow with AR15s and AKs, "why do they need assault rifles?". If someone ask me why I need an SBR, the short answer would be, "I own one because I CAN".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I chose an SBR because it was the least expensive NFA item that I wanted, and the only one I could actually afford.

There are other reasons, some practical and some not, but that was the primary one.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast