Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ron3 I'm with you in that I consider noise and blast when choosing caliber / ammo.

Feedback Score
    https://grabagun.com/firearms/handgu...d-mags-ts.html

Grabagun has been trying to give away the Shield Plus in this caliber for quite some time. I just never saw the benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This isn't that much less snappy than a 9 per some video reviews. I might be intersted in a p365 size gun a good bit less snappy than a 9, but more effective than a .380.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    This isn't that much less snappy than a 9 per some video reviews. I might be intersted in a p365 size gun a good bit less snappy than a 9, but more effective than a .380.
    Are the marketing dudes saying this or something? I’d expect recoil to be similar to 9mm from the same size gun. It appears to be designed around maximum interchangeability of parts in recoil operated handguns.

I prolly already said this, but y’all are looking for .32ACP if you’re looking for low recoil in a tiny gun. And no, that’s not carry advice.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Unlike the others that were solutions in search of a problem, I think this one has potential and worth keeping an eye on as to guns offered and ammo manufacturers offerings and such. I will not be giving up on 9mm any time, soon, but there's a place for sure in a .380 sized pistol with very close to 9mm ballistics, and with more terminal ballistics testing and such, 9mm sized pistols with greater capacity and (maybe) reduced recoil. As I rule, I don't do niche rnds, and feel for me, and most others, 9mm, 5.56 and .308 will cover what's needed. Your mileage may differ.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Unlike the others that were solutions in search of a problem, I think this one has potential and worth keeping an eye on as to guns offered and ammo manufacturers offerings and such. I will not be giving up on 9mm any time, soon, but there's a place for sure in a .380 sized pistol with very close to 9mm ballistics, and with more terminal ballistics testing and such, 9mm sized pistols with greater capacity and (maybe) reduced recoil. As I rule, I don't do niche rnds, and feel for me, and most others, 9mm, 5.56 and .308 will cover what's needed. Your mileage may differ.
    It will not, not today, yesterday, or tomorrow, ever NOT be a 9mm size gun. Not on a train, nor in a box. It is also not likely to be seen in a blowback gun less massive than a Hi Point. It is a cartridge the same length as 9x19, with similar bolt thrust and higher pressure, both in the chamber and at uncorking.

Just wipe “.380 replacement” completely out of your heads. That is a .32 ACP, in the case of bores. I’m not sure how else to say this at this point. The maths and physics are accurately covered in Louisiana high school, and we cannot simply will those sciences into irrelevance because we want a better pocketgun. The only thing we can get out of the tradeoff is more capacity at similar velocity and kinetic energy levels, in comparison to 9x19.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    It will not, not today, yesterday, or tomorrow, ever NOT be a 9mm size gun. Not on a train, nor in a box. It is also not likely to be seen in a blowback gun less massive than a Hi Point. It is a cartridge the same length as 9x19, with similar bolt thrust and higher pressure, both in the chamber and at uncorking.

Just wipe “.380 replacement” completely out of your heads. That is a .32 ACP, in the case of bores. I’m not sure how else to say this at this point. The maths and physics are accurately covered in Louisiana high school, and we cannot simply will those sciences into irrelevance because we want a better pocketgun. The only thing we can get out of the tradeoff is more capacity at similar velocity and kinetic energy levels, in comparison to 9x19.
    Aye... agreed. Just use what you have.... and get good with it. Competence can neither be purchased, nor, in this case, invented. And you already have everything you need.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011