Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Federal 30 Super Carry

Feedback Score
    A Smith & Wesson CSX w/ 15 rounds I could perhaps get behind. It was mentioned on TFBTV in passing at the end of a video. Don’t know if James mentioned it because he knows something or what… but that is the one specific case in which I would get the CSX. Because I want one. But not bad enough. But in .30SC it would offer something up just different enough that I’d go for it.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    ^^^^^^^^

This exactly!

Feedback Score
    If mag bans get stricter and lower count, I see a move towards fewer bigger rounds. If SCOTUS gets off its butt and slaps down mag bans, I can see smaller/more round guns perhaps gaining. If it recoils less than a 9mm, I could see it being good for bringing in smaller hand/more recoil sensitive shooters.

All pistol rounds suck, some more than others, so this might sucks slightly more than a 9mm? Maybe?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    And after that engineer makes those changes, a pistol would also be suitable for 9mm, not just .380 and .30SC. In other words, by the time a gun is scaled up to work with 30SC, it would no longer be a G42.
    I would hope it wouldn’t be a G42. I want it to be an LCP max. It can be done. 9mm or 30SC.

Feedback Score
    Just more proof as far as I am concerned of inventing something that really isn't needed, but I am sure it will be a success.
    Last round that fit that role in my view was 40S&W.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Revisiting the topic, been keeping and eye on this one. I view it a .380 mag basically. If/when SC becomes less niche rnd and costs come down, etc, worth considering in sub compact pistols for sures. Ballistics are respectable and you get greater capacity and less recoil in a comparable sized 9mm. Federal HST version tested in same barrel length to 9mm 124g HST:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    If mag bans get stricter and lower count, I see a move towards fewer bigger rounds. If SCOTUS gets off its butt and slaps down mag bans, I can see smaller/more round guns perhaps gaining. If it recoils less than a 9mm, I could see it being good for bringing in smaller hand/more recoil sensitive shooters.

All pistol rounds suck, some more than others, so this might sucks slightly more than a 9mm? Maybe?
    States that had such bans saw big increase in sales of .45 caliber pistols. If you can only have 10rnd, makes perfect sense.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If ammo becomes more available I might be interested in a sub compact micro type gun in 30SC. My Glock 43 with more ammo and less recoil would be nice.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Don't see how this is seen as a .380 replacement when it is offered in 9mm sized guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Don't see how this is seen as a .380 replacement when it is offered in 9mm sized guns.
    Well, like .327 Fed, it can expand while penetrating decently, like 9x19.

.380 can't.

Is the blast and cost worth it? Very debatable. 9x19 & .380 provide the least expensive practice ammo.

Is going from 10 to 13 rds or 13 to 16 rounds in a magazine worth it. Not in my opinion.

I have an LCR .327 and when I do carry it it's loaded with a .32 mag "+P" handload. (100 gr SWC 950 fps) The .327 fed loads seem like they'd cause instant deafness, like .30 SC. 45k psi. (I've tried them. The 85 gr Hydrashok load is milder, however)
    Last edited by Ron3; 02-16-24 at 09:54.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast