Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grenadier SUV

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    BMW engine….. yeah.

Run away. It will turn into a steaming lump of dog shit promptly upon warranty expiration.
    Yeah. Hard pass.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Been watching this vehicle too. Why they went with a BMW is beyond me. They seem to have done everything else right and it looks nice and utilitarian like. Why not team up with Toyota and put in there tried and true twin turbo diesel for the win?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Engine is a Bimmer 6, not sure about the trans.

This thing will cost a fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    BMW 58, straight-six 3.0L turbo. Auto trans
    BMW engine….. yeah.

Run away. It will turn into a steaming lump of dog shit promptly upon warranty expiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Yeah. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Been watching this vehicle too. Why they went with a BMW is beyond me. They seem to have done everything else right and it looks nice and utilitarian like. Why not team up with Toyota and put in there tried and true twin turbo diesel for the win?
    You guys may consider doing a little research on the B58 motor. It's a lot more reliable than you think, and is one of the, if not the most reliable engine ever made by BMW. FWIW.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    BMW engine….. yeah.

Germany's counterpart of American garbage with a higher repair cost than American garbage.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    You guys may consider doing a little research on the B58 motor. It's a lot more reliable than you think, and is one of the, if not the most reliable engine ever made by BMW. FWIW.
    I'm glad you are happy with them. I worked on all makes and models for about 10 years and I wouldn't own one. Just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I guess "reliable" is all relative to the beholder. The difference in reliability to a Toyota diesel engine or even their V6/V8 gasoline engines is huge. Just search autotrader with no search distance limitation and see how many vehicles you find with over 300,00 miles on them. For BMW, I found a total of 2 vehicles. There are 7 pages of them for Toyota, 6 of which were over 500,000.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I guess "reliable" is all relative to the beholder. The difference in reliability to a Toyota diesel engine or even their V6/V8 gasoline engines is huge. Just search autotrader with no search distance limitation and see how many vehicles you find with over 300,00 miles on them. For BMW, I found a total of 2 vehicles. There are 7 pages of them for Toyota, 6 of which were over 500,000.
    Exactly why I bought a 4Runner. I don't really care about max horsepower and technology. I would see only a very small handful of vehicles make it to 200k miles and beyond. I also don't make enough money to finance or buy a new vehicle every 3-5 years, so longevity is important to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There isn’t a Toyota diesel that is approved for the US. I would have loved to see the 1GR-FE from the 4Runner used. The last 70 series for the Japanese domestic market even used it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where I live GMT400/800 Tahoes or Suburbans with over 250,000 miles are everywhere and still going strong. The old 5.7 and 5.3 are very respectable power plants. I wouldn’t want either in a vehicle like the Grenadier though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    There isn’t a Toyota diesel that is approved for the US. I would have loved to see the 1GR-FE from the 4Runner used. The last 70 series for the Japanese domestic market even used it.
    That doesn't mean that it can't be done. It could be done without too much of a hassle actually. It just doesn't fit into Toyota's plan for their US vehicles (sadly), Grenadier could of changed that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast