Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grenadier SUV

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    Where I live GMT400/800 Tahoes or Suburbans with over 250,000 miles are everywhere and still going strong. The old 5.7 and 5.3 are very respectable power plants. I wouldn’t want either in a vehicle like the Grenadier though.
    Yea, those powerplants are workhorses for sure. The rest of the vehicle though by that kind of mileage is a different story. Although it is relatively inexpensive to fix.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Been watching this vehicle too. Why they went with a BMW is beyond me. They seem to have done everything else right and it looks nice and utilitarian like. Why not team up with Toyota and put in there tried and true twin turbo diesel for the win?
    I think that is the BMW engine that Toyota uses in its Supra, so competence by proxy? THere is an option for a twin turbo diesel, and I think other engine options in the works, like a hybrid/all-EV.

Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Exactly why I bought a 4Runner. I don't really care about max horsepower and technology. I would see only a very small handful of vehicles make it to 200k miles and beyond. I also don't make enough money to finance or buy a new vehicle every 3-5 years, so longevity is important to me.
    I definately will be cross shopping this with the next Gen 4Runner, if it ever gets here. If this and the cult status of the FJ40 help Toyota to get its chopsticks out of its ass and bring a Land Crusier like the Grenedier, I'd be all over that like a former hippie on a Tesla.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Yea, those powerplants are workhorses for sure. The rest of the vehicle though by that kind of mileage is a different story. Although it is relatively inexpensive to fix.
    I bought an Escalade '15 off a family member for a deal, and all the doo-dads scare the crap out of me. That cord for the rear defrost is a PITA.

On reliability, it is amazing how much people's brand preception affects their remembering the quality issues. On BMW, my wife got one of the first 3-series xdrive in early 2000s- bullet proof. 2005 5-series station wagon -- BUllet magnet. Replaced the transmission and it had all kind of gemlins. 2014 X5 5.0- bullet proof. No issues. Wife only wants to get rid of it because of the 3G thing.

I'm a wannab car whore, but when it comes to actually putting down the cash, I always pull up short and keep on driving what I got.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I think that is the BMW engine that Toyota uses in its Supra, so competence by proxy? THere is an option for a twin turbo diesel, and I think other engine options in the works, like a hybrid/all-EV.
    Yeah, that BMW Supra engine does not get love by the enthusiasts though. I saw the twin turbo diesel option availability. Not sure who that will be made by, but all they mentioned was BMW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    You guys may consider doing a little research on the B58 motor. It's a lot more reliable than you think, and is one of the, if not the most reliable engine ever made by BMW. FWIW.
    I worked for a BMW dealership long enough to be very weary of anything made by that company.

Most reliable BMW engine you say? Wow, so that means it’s merely mediocre instead of terrible?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think that is the BMW engine that Toyota uses in its Supra, so competence by proxy?
    I wouldn't buy a new Supra for that very reason.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Land Rover or JLR if you prefer, is a money dump. I have first hand experience with that miserable company. Hard Pass.

If indeed it goes into production, they’ll figure out a way to screw it up.
    It has nothing to do with Land Rover or Tata.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It has nothing to do with Land Rover or Tata.
    Ha! I saw Defender and my mind went right to LR.

Carry on…….

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Ha! I saw Defender and my mind went right to LR.

Carry on…….
    Who knows? Can POF make a better MP5 than HK? Though the MP5 never sucked...

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Who knows? Can POF make a better MP5 than HK? Though the MP5 never sucked...
    Let’s hope so since it appears you have a deposit on one! Good luck for sure.

Feedback Score
    It’s a savings plan . Ineos, the parent company, is saying like Dow or Dupont, so I’m not too worried.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast