Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread: Russia/Ukraine conflict.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    This a VERY old playbook: you can't get people all worked up to support a cause if you don't paint X as bad and Y as good, period. Most people simply can't do nuance, nor balance out/understand regional and or historical context, geo political realities, and so forth, especially when it comes to war.

So we get the leader of Ukraine as freedom fighter, Ukraine the budding freedom and Liberty democracy, and Putin as monster, The End.

Quoted for truth.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    On the points of propaganda, and simplifying the issues. Largely in response to Will.

Of course the propaganda is at times laughably obvious, and the narrative is overly simplistic. You and I and a handful of others might really appreciate a broad, in-depth examination of the background, the principles, and the underlying issues that have brought these events about. I'm sure that many of you, like I, have payed attention over the years. I know that I have at least a cursory knowledge of the facts, as I am sure many of you do. But as Will says, I certainly don't know all of it.

I continually research, casually, to test my understanding and improve upon it. As I am sure some others do as well.

However, if such a nuanced presentation was made available to the "viewers at large"? Almost no one would watch it. A rerun of South Park would kill it in the ratings.

Thus we end up with "South Park - Ukraine Edition".

Blame the audience. Shakespeare will lose to "Fast and Furious 62". Alas, we get what sells.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As corrupt as Ukraine is, and yes, I still remember Hunter Biden being deep in their pockets, I would say perhaps they (the Ukrainian Government not the people) had this coming to them.
    I do not look forward to the carnage as it will be mostly civilians who die in this one.
    But really, you can't give a crackhead a ton of money in order to gain his father's favors. That afterall might be your daughter he sits next to when he pulls out his dingus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

Did he say anything that's factually incorrect? I support the Ukraine in their struggles against Putin for various reasons, but denial of reality about Ukraine and the almost comical propaganda we are being fed, irks me bigly. Your mileage may vary.
    show us on the doll where daddy touched you Less than productive.

grow up dude, it's clear quite a few of you probably wore masks alone in the car, believe the propaganda on tv and/or are way to emotional to be rational adults much less the ability to understand what you read I CAN READ!!

I'll say again, I don't give a $Hit about ukraine, I don't believe 90% of what we're being told by our corrupt gov't and media. Putin is not wrong here and we would not accept foreign encroachment on our border. For the last time, we aren't threatening to take everything down to Nicaragua. We also didn't lose the Avacado War with Mexico. We don't have an army massed on the Mexican border, and no one is contemplating putting weapons into Mexico to stop us. This argument is about the height of irrelevance and lack of logic. What exactly is the threat that Ukraine, or even NATO/EU, posses to the Russian people???? Many here need to understand history which I get is hard since the avg person reads at a 6th grade level and be adults and suffer from less emotional direction. I can tell you that I most certainly have more than a 6th grade education, and in that I learned the Russians beat the snot out of these countries for a couple of generations. That and a Russian lit class taught by an emigree that made Ayn Rand look like a patsy. I KNOW the HISTORY, and that is why I don't want to repeat it in Czechoslovakia, I mean Ukraine. But sure lets go into Ukraine to get the NAZI jewish guy running the place....

Go Putin and especially since I want him to qualify for the world the bio labs and the extent of the corruption of our political leaders.
    And that last one, which Occam's razor on a dull day would cut apart.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/6937923001/

So bad logic, bad info, and some condescension. "Go Putin" is pretty much all I really needed, but thanks for the reason to go back and make it clear.

You can tell a number of people here are really just mad at Biden and the Dems and are contra to anything that they might say. There is the 'Derangement Syndrome" on both sides. Of course I look at all the information coming out critically, but my stance on this is YEARS if not decades old. Just saw a post I did from 2009 where BHO pulled the missile shield out of Eastern Europe because a defensive system angered Putin...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    And that last one, which Occam's razor on a dull day would cut apart.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/6937923001/

So bad logic, bad info, and some condescension. "Go Putin" is pretty much all I really needed, but thanks for the reason to go back and make it clear.

You can tell a number of people here are really just mad at Biden and the Dems and are contra to anything that they might say. There is the 'Derangement Syndrome" on both sides. Of course I look at all the information coming out critically, but my stance on this is YEARS if not decades old. Just saw a post I did from 2009 where BHO pulled the missile shield out of Eastern Europe because a defensive system angered Putin...

And that about sums it up. I wouldn't piss on Biden if he was on fire but if you have gone so down the rabbit hole of conspiracy wackadoodlrey that you find yourself aligned with Vlad Putin, Kim Jong-un and Bashar al-Assad you need to seek medical help.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The opposite of this is when NATO moved eastward. It wasn’t kinetic but NATO effectively bought cooperative governments. Russia wasn’t exactly fooled. Either way, NATO encroachment is real.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well since you all can't behave like adults I am locking this thread. Go get some fresh air and think about something else.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990