Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Configuration of buffer weights

Feedback Score

Configuration of buffer weights

So recently I decided to change a Giessle super 42 H1 buffer to an H2 buffer. After ordering the tungsten weight and popping off the rubber cap I discovered the weights were installed backwards from what Giessle recommended. Giessle recommend inserting the tungsten weights first followed by steel weights. The steel weights should be the ones touching the rubber bumper.

This got me curious and after popping off the rubber caps of a few more buffers from Aero, White Label Armory, and another that I don’t recall the brand I noticed every one had the weights backwards from what Giessle recommended.

Does it matter which way the weights are inserted for H buffers or am I overthinking this entirely too much. Is it possible that all these manufacturers inserted the weights backwards or that Giessle messed up the instructions they sent?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have difficulty imagining it matters much.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Heavier weights go in first.

Feedback Score
    Okay, I'll be contrary.

The drawing for the H2 Buffer Assembly places the tungsten weights in the rear. . . .

Feedback Score
    I would split the difference and put them in the middle... just to be safe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does the Tungsten have a dead-blow effect at all?

Feedback Score
    That was my impression as well but how is it possible that 4 different H buffer from 4 different manufacturers placed the weights in incorrectly?

It leads me to believe maybe it doesn’t truly matter? I know I’ve ran some guns with the weights backwards and they ran fine. Maybe I’m just overthinking this but it just kind of bugs me that all of mine were backwards including the Giessle that came with specific instructions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Okay, I'll be contrary.

The drawing for the H2 Buffer Assembly places the tungsten weights in the rear. . . .
    Can you post a picture of this drawing? Finding any information on this online has been almost nonexistent. The only info I was able to find was a brownells video that placed them in the same way giessle recommended in the instructions.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I can't even remember what I've done before. Just get them in there.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This will be fun. Definitely not. It doesn't matter one iota. Aside from the fact during the first nanosecond those weights are travelling forward.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast