Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Army picks SIG to produce Next Generation Squad Weapon

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Another company of the 506th Infantry, 101st Airborne Division received their XM7s this past Monday.

On the plus side, Acquisition Corps has delivered a new X-rifle with scope.

On the other -- still no battle doctrine change; no field manual; troops and NCOs have no hands-on or training materials at OSUT, Drill Sergeant and NCO Academy, Small Arms Master Gunner Course, or the USAMU; ranges may or may not be safe-suitable.

SIG scope software is ballistically-matched for the new hybrid steel-head brass case. There is no second ballistic set for conventional brass-case training and admin ammo.
    on the optimistic side, training publications improved greatly around 2016 and 2019, compared to the materials we used for like 3 decades or more. But, you’re right, as usual, and publication/software/training support will be needed, and I don’t think enough consideration has gone into that, by the right people. It’s just not as shiny or fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I appreciate this post as I have zero experience on MGs beyond the flat range and have never discussed this topic with someone who does, though I know it exists.
    Thanks; I’m glad you found it useful.

Fully agree, but that's too complex for much of the force. Much easier to buy something new and shiny by throwing around some buzz words.
    For sure. The sort of high-fidelity training that the force would benefit most from just doesn’t brief as well as the sort of training or buying that isn’t as beneficial sometimes. We need a cultural change.
    Last edited by 1168; 04-13-24 at 08:28.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    We need a cultural change.
    This is the crux of it all.

Feedback Score
    Surely you jest?
    That is what was compared.

A PKM shooting harden steel core AP versus and M240 shooting lead core Ball.

Just remember what Power Point Presentation are for . . . They may be based on technical reports, but they are for a very different purpose.

Feedback Score
    Too complicated, too many places to hide the money. There are American companies who could do as well as those in WWII with the Garand and the production miracle of the M1 Carbine. To not deal with American outfits on this is a disgrace. Army ordnance has dealt low before, the sabotage of the M-16 in Vietnam warns you to be wary.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Surely you jest?
    Don’t call me Shirley.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PriseDeFer View Post
    Too complicated, too many places to hide the money. There are American companies who could do as well as those in WWII with the Garand and the production miracle of the M1 Carbine. To not deal with American outfits on this is a disgrace. Army ordnance has dealt low before, the sabotage of the M-16 in Vietnam warns you to be wary.
    SIG SAUER is an independent United States company that employs over 1,000 people and manufactures here. It is considered a "sister" company to Sig in Germany and Sig Sauer AG in Switzerland, not a subsidiary or part of a larger holding company. I'm not sure how much more American SIG SAUER could be...
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    That is what was compared.

A PKM shooting harden steel core AP versus and M240 shooting lead core Ball.

Just remember what Power Point Presentation are for . . . They may be based on technical reports, but they are for a very different purpose.
    I see what you mean now.

Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    SIG SAUER is an independent United States company that employs over 1,000 people and manufactures here. It is considered a "sister" company to Sig in Germany and Sig Sauer AG in Switzerland, not a subsidiary or part of a larger holding company. I'm not sure how much more American SIG SAUER could be...
    Yup, as American as the FN M16, M4, M249, M240, Mk46, Mk48, Beretta M9, M9A1, HK M27, M38, and a pile of guns I’m not thinking of, at least as far back as the Krag-Jorgensen .30-40, and lets not get started on optics. Can’t remember if the Sig M11 and Mk25 and HK M320 and Mk47 were/are made in the US. And of course the 416, M110A1, AI, Glock G22, G23, G35, and G19.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Don’t call me Shirley.
    Roger, Roger. Lol.
    Last edited by 1168; 04-17-24 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PriseDeFer View Post
    This post makes no sense at all. What?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    German based L&O Holding no longer owns both Sig USA and Sig Germany?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-17-24 at 13:08.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Piston? 6.8? Made by Sig? Vortex (subsidiary) scope? None of these things I'd accept on a personally purchased rifle. And the fluff articles on how great the guns will be is un-nerving to say the least.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...6b36681c&ei=28
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast