Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Army picks SIG to produce Next Generation Squad Weapon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Cool that they got the updated steel magazine.
    And the forward assist delete, and the new rail front end. Mine's now a limited edition collectors item!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo40 View Post
    I wish that YouTubers would give it a rest with posting click-baity videos which imply that they actually have MILSPEC 6.8x51 ammo when they just have the low pressure, brass cased, .277 Fury ammo that isn't even close to being in the same league, yet they seem to either be under the impression that the difference is the same as .223 Remington to 5.56x45 NATO, or at least they deally hope that the average viewer is.

Oh well, at least it isn't as asinine as when Military Arms Channel used a Bolt Action Rifle Chambered in 6.5 Creedmore and tested it against body armor as if it were a perfect analog to 6.8x51 out of a SIG MCX Spear.
    Well, at least in the GT video, he had the hybrid case ammo loaded up to higher than standard pressure. (unless I was completely misunderstanding what they had) Like I said, still not the best for testing use, but not as bad as MAC or some of the early videos.
    Last edited by Alpha-17; Today at 09:19.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    “Standard” and”civilian” pressures are 80k psi. I think logic can reveal why we don’t see much of that commercially.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    “Standard” and”civilian” pressures are 80k psi. I think logic can reveal why we don’t see much of that commercially.
    Isn't there going to be a downloaded round that the military will use for training?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Unboxing their new rifles. Infantry privates, 1st Brigade, 101st Airborne Division.

I've read most of your posts in this thread.

How is the Army going to train individuals to effectively shoot this system? (I am assuming these rifles are all coming with the fancy McFancy scopes.)

Are they performing well so far?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    How is the Army going to train individuals to effectively shoot this system? (I am assuming these rifles are all coming with the fancy McFancy scopes.)

Are they performing well so far?
    They're just starting.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839