Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: In your opinion...Why didn;t the XD's take off?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hesitate to buy a gun that I have trouble getting parts for, no one does armorer work on, and I have to count on Croatia staying stable in the long run for support of the system.

Feedback Score
    I have had a XD45 for over a year now and it has run flawlessly. Not a single malfunction ever!! Lots of different types of ammo shot through it and no problems. It shoots well and as long as I do my part it is very accurate.
    "I'd rather have a Bloody Mary made from the bandage drippings of a dozen Ebola victims than watch BattleField Earth again."

SeriousStudent

Feedback Score
    The XD Tac .40 S&W was my favorite of the plastic framed guns, I say that while holding my nose as I dont care for combat tupperware. It did everything my UMP or the Glock 22 did and felt better in my hand. That being said it along with the others are no longer in my stable. I have never found a plastic framed gun that fits my hand as well as a Beretta 92 or a 1911 or CZ 75 so I quit trying. I have only put a couple of magazines through a S&W M&P but it really didnt feel any better to me although the recoil impulse seemed softer and recovery times were improved, Attributed to the lower bore axis. I may have to try one out in .45.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45 View Post
    Interesting commentary with pics of the XDM in 9mm.

http://www.louderthanwords.us/forum/...php?f=6&t=7037

More commentary on 10-8 forums.

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...0&page=0#76243
    No offense but those were thoroughly uninformative threads. I realize that the pics of the XDm were rare at the time but it would be nice to see some real testing.
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 05-19-09 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    No offense but those were thoroughly uninformative threads. I realize that the pics of the XDm were rare at the time but it would be nice to see some real testing.
    I am surprised, that that pistol was posted on LTW... based on those who responded, there appeared to be very little interest by those who's opinion I respect over there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I was shocked to see people praising the M&P here. I thought they were getting kick backs or something.
    I was hesitant about the M&P at first; I think I even jokingly called it the Sigma II.

When I tried it, I liked it better than my Glock 17 that I had been shooting regularly for years. The Glock is great (almost perfection; note my sig line), but I prefer my M&P.

Pre-M&P, when I was shooting the Glock regularly, I tried an XD. Didn't care for the ergonomics or trigger as compared to the Glock.
    Last edited by DrMark; 06-25-09 at 14:16.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I shoot two- First a .45 XD Benning at an All Army side match where it performed admiraly. Last a week before I left, I didn't like the compact XD .40s trigger. The safety was too sharp. Have never like the grip of Glocks although they work great. Do like the erogonmics of the Smith M&P. But, I'll just buy another Beretta 92 and 1911 frames when get home.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My XD45 Service has functioned fine, but the mags have sucked. The backside of the top of the mag between the feedlips gets bent outward and they basically turn into non-drop free mags.

Ordered some new ones that appear to be different (they have a stamp of the Springfield Armory logo on them) so hopefully they corrected this mag weakness.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    In your opinion...Why didn;t the XD's take off?
    Glock being entrenched prior to the XD making the scene this last time.

keith

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011