Thread: HK USP Picatinny Adapter

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Question HK USP Picatinny Adapter

Does anyone have any experiences with the adapters for the HK rail?

Some of them are dirt cheap, and I'm curious as to whether any of them are worthwhile, or if I should just suck it up and find an HK-compatible weapon light.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just get an HK light. It is much easier. The UTL is not a great light but it does the job. The rail system on the USP it really it's only drawback. Do what you have to do to carry the weapon you like.

Feedback Score

I have a SureFire x300

on my USP45C via a GG&G mount, years ago...this is my nighstand config. Works great!

I believe this is the same one SF sells on their www. fits/works great. I can not comment on cheaper ones though.

IMHO UTL sucks...the mount/x300 is still slimmer and MUCH brighter) than the UTL. I sold the UTL within a week of getting it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Thanks for the responses. The UTL seems like a winner, but I'm trying to stray away from incan based lights. If IT would offer drop-in LED replacements for their units, they'd be doing better in the marketplace, IMHO, but...

I'm wanting to slap an X300 or a Procyon on the USP, but I'm worried about some of the adapter's stability.

How secure does the GG&G clamp down? Does it have any play in it? I'm anal about shit being vice-grip solid on my blasters.

Feedback Score
    I have one on a USP Tactical that lost a screw ... I would have swore that I blues LT'ed it - but whatever. I rigged a replacement as the local Fastenal store just happened to be out of the exact screw. A million screws in there and they were out of that one ...

But the adapter has worked fine, no problems whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    A little while back went through a similar dilemma. I purchased the less expensive HK adapter to fit a Streamlight TLR-1 to a HK USP 45. I ended up having to do quite a bit of work to get the two to work together. I had to file off material from the light and the adapter. Final result works perfectly with the light nice and tight against the trigger guard for easy on/off operation: Quite a bit of fine tuning though. I also needed to add some washers to the bottom bolt on the Safariland holster to get a good fit. I can post pics if you need them.