Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Founders Loved Jury Trials. Almost No One Gets One Anymore.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Jurors have trouble using testimony as evidence and the prosecutor explains that in the jury selection. Not every case has dead to rights fingerprint evidence, dna samples, video footage, etc. CSI has made the common public think that stuff is everywhere. We even have the state crime lab reducing the types of evidence we can send in for testing due to extreme volume of stuff to test.i made 3 finger print cases in my career so far. One was a known bad guy where I got side palm prints off a car window where he put his hands to look in for stuff to steal. He then used the car antenna to break in. The other 2 were victims that had criminal records and came back on file.

The sex cases most times jury does not believe the victims verbal testimony and want physical evidence to back up their claims.
    Umm, maybe it’s because verbal testimony is some of the least reliable evidence a jury can hear?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    There are several states that convene grand juries with Kentucky being one of them.
    Virginia has Grand Jury on the opening day (the first Monday of every month) in Circuit Court. We have seen a serious uptick in criminal jury trials in the last year and half. For us, it is due to an influx of new Commonwealth Attorneys that do not seem to know their ass from their elbow. Even the shitty defense attorneys are kicking their collective asses in jury trials. It's pathetic.
    Wil
    See how easy life can be?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    There are several states that convene grand juries with Kentucky being one of them.
    I’m aware of that but I’ve never heard of one in the State I’ve served in (WA). I guess it’s possible to convene one here too but I’ve never heard of it happening. I have always had a good relationship with our County Prosecuting Attorney’s offices and we have usually been in agreement on which cases should be prosecuted (although they have the final say). Several times over the years cases were dismissed at my request (after discussion with a Deputy Prosecutor) after more exculpatory evidence came to light. I’ve done my best to exercise good faith and I believe most Prosecutors do the same thing. I’ve also known a few good Judges over the years...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsahak View Post
    Virginia has Grand Jury on the opening day (the first Monday of every month) in Circuit Court. We have seen a serious uptick in criminal jury trials in the last year and half. For us, it is due to an influx of new Commonwealth Attorneys that do not seem to know their ass from their elbow. Even the shitty defense attorneys are kicking their collective asses in jury trials. It's pathetic.
    I guess we stuck with it after evolving from being a Virginia county.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent...unty,_Virginia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123