Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
See, youre bringing up stuff that Im preaching NOW to people close to me- had a conversation yesterday about this subject, having to defend what youve got, and eventually not being able to "help" anyone should something bad go into long term.
Why people in hurricane country dont have pre-cut panels for each window..a stash of supplies ready & fresh at the start of each hurricane season Ive NEVER understood.
My friend I just talked to in Oklahoma..when he built his house a few years back..FIRST THING built was the tornado shelter. Smart I told him.
Except for just a few- I advise nobody on nothing anymore. NOBODY CARES-furthermore nobody thinks anything "bad" is REALLY gonna happen. And my sweet Lord I wish them to be right. But they just arent. And Im prepping my extended family NOW..telling them I DONT have guns, ammo, food, water, water filters, lightings, ect to give them should something happen. STOP going to "the beach" & Disneyland every time I turn around and start getting ready for hard times. They just WONT.
Your experience with the "free food" crowd reminded me of the well known saying "We are only 9 meals from anarchy". What if they hadnt eaten in several days? Or a week or more?
The level of "persuasion" you would have had to use would be greatly amplified, you think?
The only good news is they have less ammo than food. If it all fell down, I already arrived at the fact that some preemptive shooting was going to happen.