Thread: Walther PPQ & Two Gen 1 Shields...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Walther PPQ & Two Gen 1 Shields...

Had a most pleasant range day with my girl. Ive been ill for some time now and am trying to venture out on pretty days when I can. So, we went down the road to a private range out in Gods country.
    We sat for a long time and talked, I actually fell asleep in the very brisk wind. But we shot a few hundred rounds too.
    So- her PPQ. I had forgotten what an awesome pistol that is. If there is a better DAO trigger on the market I aint felt it. I picked it up for the first time in over a year and the first shot hit the deck..I had forgotten how light it was. I had to stop & dry fire the thing a few times. Very accurate, been 100% reliable. Ergo's on the gun are AWESOME. I really love that pistol. If it were only slightly slimmer up top, it would "perfect", but I can easily live with it as is.
    We shot 124+P Gold Dots, some 124+P HST, 115 range and I shot about 250 rounds of Winchesters M1152 Active Duty Ammo. Very spicy in both guns, especially the Shields. But hard hitting at 50 yards. From a seated but unsupported position, on a standard sized steel target..my aiming point was at 5:00 edge of target for a center hit, with my Shield. A high thorax aiming point got center hits with the PPQ. Moving to 20 or so yards, back to dead on center mass with my Shield. We both made a lot of 50 yard shots in very stiff wind, like it was blowing our chairs over the second you got up.
    Another thing about the PPQ..the slide is very easy to rack for ladies or anyone with a weaker grip. If I werent already geared up for Glocks..it would be my new pistol of choice. Very underrated piece, imo.
    My girl loves it & shoots it well.
    Anyone else have one? Thoughts?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I have a 40S&W PPQ and a 9mm Navy model (threaded barrel) PPQ. The triggers on both are great as is the accuracy. Unfortunately, the 40S&W isn't reliable and Walther customer service blames ammo that has proven 100% reliable in plenty of my other 40S&W pistols. So, avoid the 40S&W in favor of the 9mm PPQ so that you can avoid Walther's customer service and you'll end up with a great pistol. Below is a picture of my 9mm Navy with a TiRant 9 suppressor. I can't find suppressor height sights anywhere.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My dad has one in .45. I've only shot it once. Seemed OK. I sure love my Shield.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I have a 40S&W PPQ and a 9mm Navy model (threaded barrel) PPQ. The triggers on both are great as is the accuracy. Unfortunately, the 40S&W isn't reliable and Walther customer service blames ammo that has proven 100% reliable in plenty of my other 40S&W pistols. So, avoid the 40S&W in favor of the 9mm PPQ so that you can avoid Walther's customer service and you'll end up with a great pistol. Below is a picture of my 9mm Navy with a TiRant 9 suppressor. I can't find suppressor height sights anywhere.
    Ooooh..dats nice. Yeah..not a .40 man, not a "hater", just not a fan.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Dawson Precision can probably make you suppressor height sights. They may charge slightly more for a custom height but they are still reasonable.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    For use with my CHPWS red dot plate with built in sights, I got a Dawson Precision fiber optic with this size front:

225" Tall x .100" Wide Ramped Serrated

Not sure if that will quite clear a suppressor. Can grab a picture if you want.

Feedback Score
    I’ve owned two PPQ’s, a 9MM and a .45. Both were great shooters, but neither could tear me away from my Glocks so both went off to new homes.

But I was at GT Distributors last week to buy a new G48 to replace the gun I gave my daughter, and I made the mistake of handling a 4” PDP-F. Shit! Now, I’m pretty sure I’ll have one by Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Not sure if that will quite clear a suppressor. Can grab a picture if you want.
    That would be great.

Feedback Score
    Is anyone here running one of the steel framed PPQs? I'm very interested in the Q4.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I was an early adopter and proponent of the PPQ. I've owned three of them, but have replaced them with PDPs due to all of the aftermarket support the PDPs have and will continue to have. I believe the polymer PPQs have all been discontinued, but the SF models are still being made. If the PPQ had received the same marketing and hype as the PDP, it would have been a much larger hit. People just weren't aware of it for the longest time. It's a fantastic pistol.