Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reminton 700 5R or 700P

Feedback Score
    I sure love my 5R.

Only grip I got right now is no place close to shoot long range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63 View Post
    I sure love my 5R.

Only grip I got right now is no place close to shoot long range.
    I just bought a 5R in .300WM. I wont get to see it for 2.5 months, but It landed at my local gun shop yesterday and I should have some pictures soon.
    It's getting a NF 3.5-15X50. Badger Thruster, and TIS Quick-Cuff ASAP.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    I own a 5R and can say it is a more accurate rifle right out of the box than I am a shooter. Gives me something to strive for, right? At any rate, I don't think you'll regret purchasing either the 5R or the PSS. I chose the 5R over the PSS due to some rave reviews I've read online and decided it would give me more room to grow than the PSS. At the time, I think the premium for the 5R was $100 or so over the PSS.

Feedback Score
    I just had my second range session with the 5R yesterday. The first session I was only able to run 5 rounds through it while I tried getting the Leupold Mk4 dialed. Yesterday I was able to quickly dial the Mk4 in at 100 yards and the second to the last shot I hit the bulls eye dead center. I fired 10 shots for a grand total of 15. I have absolutely no training or experience with this format and after only 15 rounds, I am hooked and very impressed with this rifle. I hope to get some training and open this baby up with some real distance. Good fun.

Feedback Score
    I think you can't go wrong with either the 5R or the 700P. Both are excellent.

I had my 5R out this weekend though to dial in my optic and have to admit that I was a little disappointed. I guess it was all the outstanding reports I heard about it had my expectations very high. Not that it was a total pig or anything, but it just didn't live up to my expectations. I was easily able to outshoot it with my LTR. I'm going to try some deffierent ammo before I give a final verdict though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Both tend to be real shooters. Comes down to what stock/barrel combo your looking for.

Feedback Score
    After owning a PSS and now currently I have two SPS tacticals, I would say get the PSS. Use the money you'll save on better optics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123