Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only one thing left to complete this rifle....

Feedback Score

Only one thing left to complete this rifle....

....the optics! I think I'm gonna get an Eotech 511, Any better ideas?

Sun Devil lower
    DPMS LPK
    DPMS rear sight
    YHM front sight
    Mega upper
    Oly SS barrel
    Oly BCG
    Oly FIRSH FF handguards
    ??? VFG (old one I had laying around)
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think I'm gonna get an Eotech 511, Any better ideas?
    Don't forget the Larue EoTech mount to go with it!!!

Mace

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would go with the 512. The AA batteries are easier to find and last longer.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    I'll second the recommendation on the 512 model. With your railed forend, you don't have real estate issues with the longer AA model. Plus there are AA lithium batteries to increase the battery life even more.

Feedback Score
    I'm not oppossed to the 512. I was only gonna go with the 511 becuse I have a 551 and they use the same batteries but AA's would be cheaper and they will last longer.
    Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    I have a 551 and my next EOTech will most likely be a 511. I found N batteries at Botach for a good price. I think it was $10 for 20 Energizer's. I'm not opposed to a 512 either, I just like compact stuff.

Feedback Score
    I had a 511 and got real tired of the batteries wearing out so fast. I vote 512.

Edit to say I'm in the habit of leaving my Aimpoints on because of the really long battery life. With the EOThingy I would leave it on and it would eventually shut off. But that's why I burned through batteries so fast.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Another vote for the 512 with a LaRue mount.

Feedback Score
    Get a Tripower and report out on it. We cheap bastards (well, at least this cheap bastard) can't afford such luxuries so we rely on other users' reports before plunking down our cash.

Otherwise, echo the recommendation on the 512. AA lithiums are a much better power source. Plus, you got all that rail to play with, it's not like you're lacking real estate.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    jmart,
    I have the latest generation Tripower, and I really like it alot. THE CHEVRON RULES!!! I had the first generation Tripower as well, and the latest is a nice improvement over it. The new aluminum body is very solid. They removed the cylume stick back-up source, which I think was a good idea. The only issue I have with it is the low brightness of the tritium. It is almost invisible in complete darkness without NV, so in low light/complete darkness, you must use the battery to power the chevron. It was dimmed down a bit to be more compatible with NV, as the earlier generation Tripowers had a slightly brighter tritium. I feel the new Tripower is as good or better then the Aimpoint IF you have access to NVG. Without NV it is still excellent, but it would be nice if Trijicon made a version of the Tripower with an ultra bright tritium for use in low light/complete darkness without the use of NV. The extra cost of the Tripower will turn many shooters looking for a new optic toward the Aimpoint/Eotech option, but I feel the new design along with the chevron make the latest Tripower a great choice. It also works perfectly with all of the LaRue Aimpoint mount currently available which is also one less thing to worry about.

ETA: Sorry for the hijack! I posted my review in the optics forum here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...=2495#post2495

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast