Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the SCAR-H a "jam-o-matic POS"?

Feedback Score
    To date, my experiences with the FN Mk17 SCAR-H have been limited to square ranges and relatively low round counts--there were NO malfunctions.

Feedback Score
    BTW Kal, if I were to mention " 'The Kal' as a POS", what would you think, how would you defend it?
    "Jam-o-matic POS" were not my words, rather what that poster in the other forum said.

BTW, it's good to know he was wrong.
    Last edited by kal; 12-26-08 at 23:23.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    SinnFéinM1911 ,

Ah the internet! Such a joy. All it takes is a couple of partisans of one make or model to say something, and it becomes true. I have watched countless guns fall victim to this phenomena. This kind of crap must drive you insane. Oh well, that is why you get the fun toys!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    All it takes is a couple of partisans of one make or model to say something, and it becomes true.
    Normally, I'm quite skeptical of what people post, but saying a rifle like the SCAR-H which isn't even out yet, is a POS so blatantly had me thinking I have to ask about this to those who know.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I am a highly trained Reliability,Availability & Maintainability Engineer. Please send me a sample of guns (30 should do it) and ammo and I will verify whether or not the SCAR-H meets or exceeds all R&M requirements it is held to. Don't bother paying me, as that would only call into doubt my impartiality. I'll just keep the guns as compensation.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe_Bailey View Post
    SHIVAN,

If you have a dot.mil address, we can surely hook you up with the USG POC for full disclosure of the tests conducted to date...they're fairly comprehensive. While I truly appreciate your offer for ammo, maybe you could just visit our facility in VA and throw a few hundred rounds down range for yourself. No, this is not an invitation to all..we offer many and numerous live fire demos throughout the year.

V/r,
    Gabe
    Gabe:

I'm just a regular civilian. I was mentioning it in jest only. I hope to see the SCAR-H in regular stores soon though.

Thanks,

Ed

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think the question Is the SCAR-H a "jam-o-matic POS" has been adequately answered.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think the person you're referring to has a vested interest in SEI, and has a habit of proclaiming anything NOT SEI to be a POS.

My experience with the SCAR-L and SCAR-H has been nothing but 100% positive, although in fairness it has been on a square range.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12