Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: M4 in HBO's "The Last of US"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haven't seen the show and doubt if I do. Seen my share of 16s and M4 in various states of conditions. With that said, it's your gun and by all means, if personalizing it is your deal, have at it. Enjoy your creation and post pics.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It looked like white cerakote under “battle worn” black to me. Looked like fake wear. A Brillo pad would’ve done a better job. I did this to a much lesser degree to a nodak spud lower years ago so it would match the old colt upper I put on it.
    And yes, his muzzle discipline is garbage. While actors are generally not shooters, it would be nice if they hired someone who knew a thing or two about firearms.
    However, I do like the actor and the show is fantastic so far otherwise.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I’m kind of the opposite. I touch up my weapons with Cold Blue, and Aluminum Black detail pens whenever I get around to cleaning them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Agree this happens (you forgot the green scrub pads), but I was issued a brand new FN M-16A2 before I went to Iraq and remember still how silver-worn it was when I turned it in. I was not a door kicker, was in an AVIM unit, but carrying/wearing the rifle everywhere and everyday in and out of vehicles, aircraft, etc. put an amazing amount of wear on the finish.

IMHO you cannot artificially create the look of honest wear.

Andy
    I was a company commander and the scout sniper platoon was in my company. Nobody had a problem with the snipers rattle canning their M40s, but when I suggested we spray paint the half silver M16s back to black (if not something found in nature) the battalion commander looked at me like I was a heretic. I hope things have changed.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkoglman View Post
    I was a company commander and the scout sniper platoon was in my company. Nobody had a problem with the snipers rattle canning their M40s, but when I suggested we spray paint the half silver M16s back to black (if not something found in nature) the battalion commander looked at me like I was a heretic. I hope things have changed.
    When I was an ATL on a recce team in our Scout platoon, we were forced to repaint every M4 black after we redeployed. I went to a line company a few months later and painting gear was strictly verboten.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I watched Episode 2 last night and finally caught sight of the rifle. That thing does not look battle worn, but abused. Real wear should vary between black to grey to silver. That thing is only black or silver.

Ugh.

The prop guy should have consulted pictures of old IDF M16s for ideas of what a battle worn rifle actually looks like.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    im 60 years old , i doubt i have enough time in the gas tank to wear a rifle like that naturally
    It doesn't F'ing matter! Get your gear on and go take courses after courses with 12,000 plus rounds down the barrel until you have bare aluminum showing!!!!

How DARE you want to like something that others don't agree with!

BTW here is my basic WASR I got brand new with an ugly black finish. I battle worn looked it with sand paper and steel wool. Maybe has 100 rounds through it... (shrugs) Do what you like a **** the rest if they don't like it.

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 02-16-23 at 13:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I’m kind of the opposite. I touch up my weapons with Cold Blue, and Aluminum Black detail pens whenever I get around to cleaning them.
    You do realize that not everyone likes the same thing right?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    You do realize that not everyone likes the same thing right?
    Absolutely! Some people like to buy new jeans with gaping holes in them. You know, cause fashion….

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Absolutely! Some people like to buy new jeans with gaping holes in them. You know, cause fashion….
    I understand that from post #2. (And thank you for diving into that for us) But really, what is your take on rat rods? I mean people that make nicer old cars look rusty and falling apart! Morans amirite

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast