Thread: T-1 Scope Cover/Armor?

Feedback Score

T-1 Scope Cover/Armor?

That little itty, bitty T-1 scope way up there on that Larue mount seems so exposed. I know there are plastic covers/armor for the M3 series, but are there any for the T-1? I wouldn't mind if it coverd the Larue mount too.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 12-27-08 at 13:15. Reason: Typos
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Watch video 2-3 about the Aimpoints on Downrange TV and see how FJB thorws his T1 across the gravel. http://www.downrange.tv/show2

Are you afraid of your optic getting scratched up? It comes with a rubber bikini cover. Unless you plan on keeping your weapon a safe queen, take it out and use it. Granted, I am not going to throw my Aimpoints across the ground and abuse it just to prove a point (I also don't work for AP either), but training scars aren't necessarily a bad thing.
    Last edited by The Archangel; 12-29-08 at 16:05.
    "I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night..."

Feedback Score
    I'm not so worried about scars, stuff happens. It just seems that I'm hard on stuff, banging into things and such. I'm thinking more large blunt force stuff, like turning around and hitting a barricade. It seems that just a but of padding, even 1/16 of an inch helps to greatly reduce g forces and provide some slip.

I know things get consummed, I just seem to be harder than most on things.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.