Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pin and weld: shims or crush washer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I've searched for an in stock one several times over the last week. After today, I'd happily use one regardless of the relative price.
    Doesn't look like anyone has them in stock. Have they even been released yet?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I've searched for an in stock one several times over the last week. After today, I'd happily use one regardless of the relative price.
    It looks like the Nautilus has increments of .001, while the Accu-Washer increment is .002.

ETA: Silly me. It appears much coaster than that, with 30 degree steps, while the Accuwashers are about 20 degree steps.
    Last edited by StainlessSlide; 10-15-23 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I spent over an hour today dealing with this mess. I removed the SFCT that came on my Geissele 11.5 to put on a 14.5 and replace it with an SF4P for the labyrinth seals. I went through the entire Accu-washer kit repeatedly, and had it narrowed to two consecutive notches (two large notches or one large notch and four small) and one was over-timed and one was under-timed. I also had the SF shim kit that came with the MD and couldn't get it to line up perfectly with that either. I ended up having to mix two large ones from the new kit plus three tiny ones that I pulled off when I removed the closed tine. Super annoying but at least the 4P timed perfectly at 20 ft pounds. I'm less impressed with the Accu-washer kit. I'll probably stick with SF from now on.
    I have had that same experience before with AccuWashers.

I found that torquing to full value and h to en releasing a few times would generally gain me another 5-7 degrees of rotation at the same indicated torque spec.

I don't ever use more than one muzzle timing device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234