Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HK, GLOCK, 1911, or SIG?

Feedback Score
    I would definitely consider the M&P 45 in either of the three flavors (FS, Mid, and Compact). I foolishly sold my FS and currently own the Compact. They are absolutely accurate and even give my G30 SF a run for the money in the accuracy department. As for the triggers, they smooth up after a few hundred rounds and of course, a trigger job can always be performed from the likes of Burwell or Bowie.

Feedback Score
    "I spent $700 on the sob & I thought it was only fair to shoot it again before I sold it."
    Why waste the ammo? Widebody 1911's, particularly the Para's, are widely known to have too many problems to be considered a hard-use, fully reliable pistol. You are better off saving your ammo to test/break-in/get-used-to a new M&P or SA Pro.

Feedback Score
    Hell, if you don't want to spend big bucks on the SA Pro get a mid Springfield. I bought the Loaded model in OD Green a few years ago. It was in the $600 range. It is one excellent 1911!

Feedback Score
    I didn't know that...sounds like the bean counters won.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    OK with it and appreciative, apparently. Cohen was put in charge of SIG worldwide (Switzerland, Germany, US) a few months back.

Feedback Score
    Or split the difference a little more and get an MC Operator.

Quote Originally Posted by teufeldog View Post
    Hell, if you don't want to spend big bucks on the SA Pro get a mid Springfield. I bought the Loaded model in OD Green a few years ago. It was in the $600 range. It is one excellent 1911!

Feedback Score
    CDNN Investments has them for $825 right now. Much better price than most any gun shop. I have seen them recently for as low as $919 and as high as $1100 in local shops.

I've run into a number of people lately, some range acquaintances, some friends of friends who are buying HK's and say they used to buy Sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Out of the four the HK45 is, IMHO, the best for your purposes.
    Last edited by HK45; 01-02-09 at 15:58.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345