Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Some Help Rail Related Geissele

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’ll be adding Railscales to combat some of the heat issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I’ve used a MK14 and MK13. I found both to be well made, and pretty sturdy once mounted. Installation was really easy, as there is no need to time the barrel nut. My only gripe is that they heat up fairly quickly compared to the KAC quad rails, and PRI tubes that I’ve used for most my other projects. I do realize that the MK8 isn’t as stream lined as the aforementioned MK14 and MK13. The heat issue isn’t limited to Geissele alone, as I’ve experienced similar heat soaking with a Mega monolithic upper that I put an 18” DD barrel in.

Pros: Very well made, easy install, looks cool for Instagram.

Cons: Potential heat soak, may not come with the proprietary barrel nut tool anymore.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I was looking at that one too. In your opinion, do you think the added cost of having the ARCA is worth it?
    It's $75 more for the integrated Arca rail, low profile with a flat bottom, no other rail or plate attached the bottom.
    Just slide on whatever you are using on the bottom wherever you want it, which is usually a bi-pod and tri-pod.
    If you're not planning on using Arca clamps then it's not really needed.

I have a Magpul bi-pod with Rail Grabber that works on both Pic and Arca rails and will use Magpul 2 slot Arca plates for now for a tri-pod
    While the plates will work they are another attachment to fiddle with and the integrated rail is much cleaner looking.
    I have a Wilson Combat 15" rail now that I don't like and have been wanting to swap it out for a while.
    I'll probably end up getting something cheaper like IWI's 15.5" integrated Arca rail with plates on the rest.

Feedback Score
    I've got an MK4. Rock solid.

Feedback Score
    Geissele has blems on sale.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    My cart is full of them, however, my wallet is playing hide and seek right now. I think it’s scared.

Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    Geissele has blems on sale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    My cart is full of them, however, my wallet is playing hide and seek right now. I think it’s scared.
    I bought one yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12