Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock sights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Glock sights

So im planning on replacing the sights on my gen 4 and new gen 5 mos, Im looking at the amariglo defoor(g4) and gl-429 for the mos.
    Couple things, does anyone have any experience with the defoor irons for a non optic glock?

I cant remember what model sights I used for my JW cut slide with rmr, because if brownells doesnt carry it anymore you cant see your orders from that far back. But they sit nice and low in the rmr window.

If these happen to be the same sights will they sit too low on a C&H plate with hs508t?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the following Ameriglo's on my non-optic Glocks:

Model G30S Gen 3 45 ACP = Ameriglo CAP LumiGreen Tritium Fronts & Plain Hackathorn Rears. I don't remember the model # anymore, but very similar to GL-433

Model 19 Gen 3 x 2 9mm = Ameriglo I-Dot Set GL-201 Tritium Orange Outline FRONT, Green Tritium Single Dot REAR.

Model G43X 9mm = Ameriglo CAP Set for Glock GL-605 Tritium LumiGreen Square Outline FRONT, LumiGreen Line (non trit) REAR

I like the I-dots the best, but the CAP fronts are nice too. The Hackathorn Rears are much like the Defoors as far as the sight picture goes, but the shape is different.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobinNC View Post
    I have the following Ameriglo's on my non-optic Glocks:

Model G30S Gen 3 45 ACP = Ameriglo CAP LumiGreen Tritium Fronts & Plain Hackathorn Rears. I don't remember the model # anymore, but very similar to GL-433

Model 19 Gen 3 x 2 9mm = Ameriglo I-Dot Set GL-201 Tritium Orange Outline FRONT, Green Tritium Single Dot REAR.

Model G43X 9mm = Ameriglo CAP Set for Glock GL-605 Tritium LumiGreen Square Outline FRONT, LumiGreen Line (non trit) REAR

I like the I-dots the best, but the CAP fronts are nice too. The Hackathorn Rears are much like the Defoors as far as the sight picture goes, but the shape is different.
    I was looking at some glow type sights but im so used to going flashlight from night classes I didnt see the point of glow sights.
    Im going to give them a try. hope the ones for the mos will be as low as they are on my milled slide.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    So im planning on replacing the sights on my gen 4 and new gen 5 mos, Im looking at the amariglo defoor(g4) and gl-429 for the mos.
    Couple things, does anyone have any experience with the defoor irons for a non optic glock?

I cant remember what model sights I used for my JW cut slide with rmr, because if brownells doesnt carry it anymore you cant see your orders from that far back. But they sit nice and low in the rmr window.

If these happen to be the same sights will they sit too low on a C&H plate with hs508t?
    The Defoor is very narrow so was hard for me to pick up fast except in near perfect light. If your eyes are better than mine(not to high of a bar there) you will probably like them.

I have a 508T on a C&H plate and the GL 429 sight set thar I am happy with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    The Defoor is very narrow so was hard for me to pick up fast except in near perfect light. If your eyes are better than mine(not to high of a bar there) you will probably like them.

I have a 508T on a C&H plate and the GL 429 sight set thar I am happy with.
    thanks a bunch

Feedback Score
    Defoors are regulated for 25 yard poa/poi. I have multiple sets for irons only glocks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Whatever you go with, make sure they won't hang off the back of the slide on the MOS guns, the dovetail is cut closer to the rear on these. I recently made this mistake with a set of Amerigo Agents on my G43X MOS.
    Last edited by Captains1911; 02-20-23 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    Whatever you go with, make sure they won't hang of the back of the slide on the MOS guns, the dovetail is cut closer to the rear on these. I recently made this mistake with a set of Amerigo Agents on my G43X MOS.
    Wow did not notice that at all. Have to figure out what sights for G21 Gen5 with this in mind. What does work?
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    Wow did not notice that at all. Have to figure out what sights for G21 Gen5 with this in mind. What does work?
    I haven’t done a lot of searching on what doesn’t overhang, but I know the Ameriglo Troopers do not.

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/gl-818

And to be honest, I’m not sure the overhang is a huge deal, other than looking kind of goofy. I guess it could create higher potential to snag. Pictured below are the same Ameriglo Agents on my regularly G43X and G43X MOS. They overhang the rear of the slide by about 1/16”on the MOS. I like these sights so much, and have them on several pistols, that I think I’m just going to leave them on. But had I known this issue beforehand, I’d have gone with the Troopers instead.

Last edited by Captains1911; 02-20-23 at 18:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    Whatever you go with, make sure they won't hang off the back of the slide on the MOS guns, the dovetail is cut closer to the rear on these. I recently made this mistake with a set of Amerigo Agents on my G43X MOS.
    No issues with that, I dont like to buy illuminated sights, I have a flashlight for that and its a g19.
    But good to know for the single stacks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast