Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the best platforms for the .40

Feedback Score

What are the best platforms for the .40

Hello,

This is my first post on here and I have been checking out some threads and using the search function quite a bit prior to posting.

I am looking for user opinions on what the best platform for a .40 is, I have noticed that people tend to go with the M&P, 1911, and HK for .45, and Glock for 9MM from some of the threads I have read.

I tend to go with 1911's and Glocks for the most part, however I have read some negative feedback on the Glock's in .40.

I will be looking for a full size pistol and possibly a smaller compact, I will be looking forward to the responses as I have discovered a lot of good information since I have been checking out this site.

Thanks.
    Last edited by JAXM4; 12-25-08 at 10:22.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Glock 22!

Let the flaming begin!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Best is hard to quantify.

I tend to look at a pistol's ergonomics above all else first. If it fits my hand properly then it gets a second look. By fitting my hand I mean being able to reach the trigger with the pistol still in line with my forearm and pointing naturally. Unlike some, I place a significant amount of importance to a pistol that will easily point where I look without having to work to align the sights. Secondly, a low bore axis is very important to me as well.

I tend to not get too wrapped around the axle over brand names.

Feedback Score
    The Sig P229 seems to fit the bill quite nicely along with the M&P 40 FS.

Feedback Score

Best .40 platforms

I guess I should have stated that by best, I am looking for Reliability, Accuracy, and all around toughness ( nothing fragile).

Feedback Score
    M&P40, but I'm biased...
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have heard the M&P40 from a lot of people that I trust. I have no personal experience, though.

Feedback Score
    I've thinned out my .40 inventory quite a bit. The only keepers are my SIG-Sauer P229 and Hi-Power.

Best, Jon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Medic View Post
    Glock 22!

Let the flaming begin!
    Glock 23 for me. Never had a single problem and I KNOW that it works in a real world shooting.

J-

Feedback Score
    Sig P229 and M&P .40 were designed for the .40 round but I would choose the M&P. Better ergo's and better QC than Sig which has been slipping and is not worth the premium $$$ they charge.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast