Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Blackhawk SERPA Holsters?

Feedback Score
    i have a serpa for my sig 226 that i used for plainclothes work . since we seem to tussle a lot with perps the thought of having that retention devise looked good and it replaced my Blade-Tech IWB . from the start i noticed that the tension screw if turned too far locked the gun in the holster , another thing that drove me crazy is the forward and backward play of the gun when holstered . Blackhawk told me that was normal . since i work in the subways of New York i have no experience with any dirt or other debris getting in the mechanism . i have since gone back to the Blade-Tech Iwb the serpa has been relegated to the seemed like a good idea holster box .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Serpas are cheap but I find it to be better than some of the other plastic stuff on the market. I like mine but it is relegated to the occasional open carry, not getting beat up in a battle scenario.

I don't agree with the idea that the 1911 is more dangerous to carry in a Serpa. The grip and thumb safety should prevent the trigger from being pressed.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Just in case it hasn't sunk in yet- NO SERPA.

For concealment I like my VM2, but will be transitioning to appendix, thus negating my preference.

For tactical work I like the 6004 as a drop and the 6378 if vest mounted (see this write-up by military moron) if you want more info.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456