Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Gun grabbing Trump"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Trump was and is all mouth but no one can deny his pro American accomplishments in 4 short years. The man is a machine.
    Trump also has a cult of personality around him and somehow has gotten passes and justification for things that, if ANY other Republican did it, they'd be declared a RINO and a traitor. If Trump does the same things, the response seems to be that he's done enough other good stuff to make up for it, and/or he's a genius and he's just playing 4D chess with the left. Yes, he did do a lot of good, but he's got a lot of people forgetting or justifying times that he didn't do so hot, and so now people are convincing themselves that he is the ONLY non-RINO in the whole GOP, and thus even challenging him for office is treason and makes one a leftist.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    ....Double....
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Trump also has a cult of personality around him and somehow has gotten passes and justification for things that, if ANY other Republican did it, they'd be declared a RINO and a traitor. If Trump does the same things, the response seems to be that he's done enough other good stuff to make up for it, and/or he's a genius and he's just playing 4D chess with the left. Yes, he did do a lot of good, but he's got a lot of people forgetting or justifying times that he didn't do so hot, and so now people are convincing themselves that he is the ONLY non-RINO in the whole GOP, and thus even challenging him for office is treason and makes one a leftist.
    Pretty much spot on. I've seen more than a bit of that mentality, like how dare anyone else put their hat in the ring, it's Trump's by divine right or something.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Trump was and is all mouth but no one can deny his pro American accomplishments in 4 short years. The man is a machine.
    That’s some of the substance I want to hear about in a primary. I don’t care about some name calling, it just can’t be the main focus.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    An honest assessment of how the Executive branch actually functions?
    Touché.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Had it been passed organically, could he not have vetoed it?

Edit: what the **** is the “administrative branch”?
    Sorry. Executive branch. I was thinking administrative action and typed the wrong term.

Vetoed it. - What might be "it" was the unknown. Understand that after Vegas there was huge pressure and not so much opposition in Washington to ban bump stocks. What might be added to such a bill that would further erode 2A liberties? After Vegas, vetoing a bill banning bump stocks even if including things like enhanced background checks would have been politically difficult.

A ban was coming one way or the other. Below was the tone at the time:

NRA A-rated Ron Johnson: "Automatic weapons are illegal," Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, the GOP chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, told reporters on Wednesday, according to The Hill. "To me, that is part of that same type of process. So I have no problem banning those."

'Orange Man Bad" is how some people chose to look at but Washington politics can be bit more complicated. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    double
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-19-23 at 09:33.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Sorry. Executive branch. I was thinking administrative action and typed the wrong term.

Vetoed it. - What might be "it" was the unknown. Understand that after Vegas there was huge pressure and not so much opposition in Washington to ban bump stocks. What might be added to such a bill that would further erode 2A liberties? After Vegas, vetoing a bill banning bump stocks even if including things like enhanced background checks would have been politically difficult.

A ban was coming one way or the other. Below was the tone at the time:

NRA A-rated Ron Johnson: "Automatic weapons are illegal," Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, the GOP chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee, told reporters on Wednesday, according to The Hill. "To me, that is part of that same type of process. So I have no problem banning those."

'Orange Man Bad" is how some people chose to look at but Washington politics can be bit more complicated. Hope this helps.
    He’s a grown ass man. Don’t make excuses for him as if your kid was late turning in a paper because of family events.

Feedback Score
    NRA is trash , ive been a member since 1981 , about a year ago i had 3 years left on a 5 year membership , and i was receiving a phone call a day to renew . finally i sat down and compared what the NRA has done and what the GOA who i am also a member has done , the GOA has out performed NRA dramatically ,i cant think of a single law suit the NRA has filed in a decade, add the scandal of NRA misappropriation of funds a couple years ago and i will never give a red cent to the NRA again , it took me 6 months, numerous unsubscribes , blocked phone calls and a draft of a letter to the FCC to finally stop their phone harassments

Feedback Score
    as far as Trump goes , i was all in when people were still scared to admit it , i personally do not care for his personality , but we are not electing Mr congeniality to run the free world , what appealed to me early on in his first bid was he was not a politician , and a savvy business guy , if you looked past the childish name calling antics of the 2016 bid stood all the policies we needed and the best bet of actually having them implemented due to the fact he was NOT a swamp creature

so you MUST look at his actions , America first , strong foreign policy , energy friendly , reduced regulation , reduced taxs , economy boom , SCOTUS appointments , Fed Judge appointments ,trump has proven policies at the ready to be implemented the second he is in office , from day one in 2016 he started making good on every single campaign promise he made us ,crossing them off one by one , and that was with zero help and a bunch of fox in the hen house , the fact the establishment is so hell bent on destroying him to keep him from the WH says everything to the fact he is exactly who and what we need

i can overlook personality defect when the reward is what he brings to the Nation , had Trump not reshaped both the federal courts and SCOTUS we would be in much worse shape now , it is hard to imagine it worse given the pedo in office , but Trumps attack on the judicial system has far lasting implications than what any POTUS has done in many years

the bad , personality gets in his way , one could argue his antics are a measure of resistance to his opposition , i think that it comes off badly for him resulting in affirmation of his opposition that hate him , hes not going to win over fence sitters
    he folded like a cheap suit on bump stocks , i personally never owned one but the point is the precedent set that affects many other facets of 2a , this most of all terrifies me about him
    his personnel vetting ,and those he chooses to hitch to his wagon is severely lacking , one after another of hires of those with knives out waiting to stab him in the back ,he must do better
    he folded on COVID , one could argue he was in a no win situation , he errored on the side of caution by listening to the sky is falling gloomers
    he gave us Faucci , a american that helped create the virus , funded the virus in WuHan , he put him in charge of the very monster he helped create and allowing him to minipulate the entire so called Pandemic

but given he had 4 years to see what works and what doesnt , another 4 years to get his game plan fine tuned , without question , this country needs Trump to right this ship , because this country is spiraling out of control , we are the weakest i have ever seen , our strategic oil reserves are depleted and a pedo that refuses to replenish , we have a military that wants dudes with pig tails and painted finger nails and have to find a safe space if you ignore their pronouns , what happens if they get shot at , immediate surrender A**hole first?
    Last edited by hoopharted; 04-19-23 at 11:08.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast