Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal ND55664 overruns

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Seems to be some kind of contract overrun or defect training ammo being dumped on the market. The main feature is it seems to be a non-bonded training analogue of the FBI ammo

Features:

Ideal for target practice and training
    Accurate and reliable
    Non-duty bonded training analog for LE duty ammo

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026091053?pid=981215

Thank you to the "themonk" for excellent documentation in another thread:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...45#post3101245

To quote myself from the other thread I suspect this just an unbonded TBBC but Im not 100% sure, other opinions and observations are welcome, I also suspect this would make excellent budget defensive ammo if my suspicions are correct and this would perform similarly to Mk318 which basically a non-bonded TBBC.

I feel like atleast a water jug test would be in order if someone has this ammo and is willing to do it.
    Since you invited other opinions, I worked at Federal for years. TBBC as you mentioned is a bonded bullet. When you say something is just an unbounded TBBC, you are passing disinformation. There is no such thing as an unbonded TBBC. TBBC is its own bullet. If a bullet isn’t bonded, it doesn’t make it an unbonded TBBC. It is a different round. On to the MK318. It is in no way related to the TBBC. It is a OTM barrier blind round. It is a BTHP. TBBC is not. Mk318 is has a hollow cavity with a solid bottom half made for penetration. TBBC is it own bullet. You are creating a little confusion by the way you are saying these other rounds are versions of the TBBC.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    Since you invited other opinions, I worked at Federal for years. TBBC as you mentioned is a bonded bullet. When you say something is just an unbounded TBBC, you are passing disinformation. There is no such thing as an unbonded TBBC. TBBC is its own bullet. If a bullet isn’t bonded, it doesn’t make it an unbonded TBBC. It is a different round. On to the MK318. It is in no way related to the TBBC. It is a OTM barrier blind round. It is a BTHP. TBBC is not. Mk318 is has a hollow cavity with a solid bottom half made for penetration. TBBC is it own bullet. You are creating a little confusion by the way you are saying these other rounds are versions of the TBBC.
    Thanks for the info, pretty amazing that we would need to have a former Federal employee needing to clarify their product line since Federal is so forthcoming when describing whats actually in these factory seconds that we need to speculate on what projectile they are using.

Also do you have any info on the history behind on the mk318 projectile lineage? Since the cutaway of the original SOST mk318 projectile shows alot in common with the Trophy bonded bear TIP line? Is it common lineage or just coincidence they share a resemblance?
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12