Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "California Man Casually Walks Away After Taking 2 To The Chest"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    But $40 an hour is adequate to prevent parents/others who are willing from going in to the school to save the kids?
    Uvalde was an abbreviation and a complete failure in every way. I've been on an active shooter response, and seen how it's supposed to be. Ours turned out to be a hoax call, doors still got breached with force and without hesitation. The guys that go in without hesitation, would do it for free. Most of them would pay to do it. It's the cowardly chiefs and administrators who prefer to hide behind their desk or down the hallway.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Uvalde was an abbreviation and a complete failure in every way.
    Except it wasn't an aberration, it was just on a larger scale. It wasn't the first or only time school shooters weren't engaged or at least further pursued. On a broader scale there is also the "no duty to protect" court rulings along with the system expanding and/or create anti-self defense zones. It isn't a problem limited to or even created by LE(although LE groups/agencies frequently lobby for laws/rulings creating these scenarios.)

The guys that go in without hesitation, would do it for free.
    100% true. Same goes for many people no in LE and (my opinion) that would be more common if the decades long attack on self defense mentioned above got drove in to the ground.

Not against paying people well, but blaming every failure by LE(whether mistake, cowardice, or outright criminal act) is silly to borderline offensive considering many(perhaps most) of the incidents making the news boil down to ethics.

Police earnings in most areas tend to be similar to blue collar wages for their area of employment and it is unlikely colleagues of any others in the pay range are going to claim outright wrong doing was caused by pay bring too low.

While I am not quite in the "love of money is the root of all evil camp" I don't think trying to crank LE pay up to draw people away from high paying fields such as media, entertainment, sports, career politicians, medical/pharmaceutical, and similar is going to produce desirable results considering the ethical issues I mentioned.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Uvalde was an abbreviation and a complete failure in every way. I've been on an active shooter response, and seen how it's supposed to be. Ours turned out to be a hoax call, doors still got breached with force and without hesitation. The guys that go in without hesitation, would do it for free. Most of them would pay to do it. It's the cowardly chiefs and administrators who prefer to hide behind their desk or down the hallway.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Parkland was even worse in many respects, yet didn't get the attention it should have on that score due to no footage as was seen with Uvalde. I'd have thought after Parkland, nothing as awful as Uvalde could or would happen, and I was wrong. Best read on Parkland I have read is below, and it only really covers the event and there was way more failure on all involved then what's covered:

https://projects.sun-sentinel.com/20...tical-moments/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Over double minimum wage.

Minimum Wage for Businesses – Consumer & Business
    https://dcba.lacounty.gov/minimum-wage-for-businesses/

"Starting July 1, 2023, the minimum wage in unincorporated Los Angeles County is $16.90 per hour."

$16.90 × 40 × 52 = $35,152.00

https://lasd.org/careers/benefits/

"Deputy sheriff trainee $72,944 - $90,615 annual"
    And you can't even get a somewhat nice house with that money.

I'm in a very forgiving area and my new neighbors are paying $1200 a month for a 3bed 1bath house that one bedroom is the ****ing wet room with the front door.

6/7 months ago it was also shot at in a drive-by because drugs.
    I'm hoping they know about this, especially considering they have identical vehicles as the previous renters.

I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't them

Feedback Score
    Don't know about Los Angeles but was recently was in the bay area California... burger joint jobs starting at $20. So... a couple just starting out working full time and maybe a bit of overtime could be earning a combined income of upwards of a $100,000/yr flipping burgers or sweeping the floor.

Pic date 2/17/2023

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-20-23 at 14:09.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    She was about to get smoked. I don't care who you put in front of that guy, he was done putting up with it and had already drawn his line in the sand. She was in a "him or me" situation and she spent a good amount of time trying to prevent it from escalating but he was 100% in.

Nobody chases down the gun barrel unless they are willing to sacrifice their own life or that of the person with the gun.
    Absolutely correct. This guy may have been suffering mental illness but he appears completely lucid and aware of his surroundings. He had made up his mind to kill this girl. She waited too long and by doing so nearly got herself in deep shit.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If someone says they are going to kill a cop, approaches the cop, physically attacks the cop… all while being warned to stop or be shot… I have no objection to the officer’s decision to fire.

That the ‘unarmed man’ was white probably saved Los Angeles from being peacefully burned down… but that’s another topic.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-20-23 at 18:18.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234