Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt European CR6920-EC AR15

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I bought a 901 from Arms Unlimited. If it makes you feel any better, I had to return it for a refund. It was missing a part (like the bolt catch or something else, but I don't remember) and things in the box along with the box label didn't seem right. I called Colt and the nice lady I spoke with told me that the receiver left Cost as a part, not as a complete rifle. I called Arms Unlimited and they admitted that they had assembled the rifle from parts they got from Colt. They took it back and I bought a factory built 901 from someone else for about $100 more. Arms Unlimited does have cool Colt stuff, but I'm wary when purchasing from them.

Yeah, that is fine if its stated in print so you know what you are getting, but failing to disclose that is pretty bad.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yeah, that is fine if its stated in print so you know what you are getting, but failing to disclose that is pretty bad.
    Exactly. I could be wrong, but I suspect that the SBR linked below isn't a factory rifle. It looks to me like they took an M5 SBR and added a subcompact weapon folding stock to it.
    https://armsunlimited.com/colt-m5-sc...rel-cqb-rifle/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Exactly. I could be wrong, but I suspect that the SBR linked below isn't a factory rifle. It looks to me like they took an M5 SBR and added a subcompact weapon folding stock to it.
    https://armsunlimited.com/colt-m5-sc...rel-cqb-rifle/
    Yes. They are indeed installing the SCW kits on factory rifles. The rifle did not leave from Colt that way. Maybe it’s fine, maybe it’s not, but they should plainly state that in the description.

Feedback Score
    The Colt CR6920-EC's are back in stock. However, this time they come with a quad rail and a 14.5" pin and welded barrel for $899. The previous ones with the M4 handguards and 16" barrel were $825.
    https://armsunlimited.com/colt-carbi...14-5-pin-weld/

They're showing 100 in stock. There will be 99 left after I complete my order.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Damn! Tempting. We've been running the previous 6920 version for a few months now. Great gun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Its basically identical to the European Colt 16" model from last year except for the 14.5" P/W and the Quad Rail. Rail is held in place with 4 Torx screws.

Chamber is definitely .223 using the M Guns gage you can see in the picture and the headspace is tight at 1.4636.

My only gripe was the inside of the Colt box was badly damaged from the gun during shipment and no plastic bag. As I was bitching about the plastic bag missing the guy at the counter said, oh we have that we threw it in the trash. So dumpster diving I went and I got that bag in good order. I fixed the box with some super brown tape for the most part.

The gun is perfect so I am happy!

Funny thing the gun guys at the counter felt the need to tell me the barrel was marked .223 and be careful of my ammo choice lol.

Like last years gun, 10rd PMAG, a lock and a Spanish manual.

the QR code scanned 21032024 so March 21, 2024 build date.

Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 04-08-24 at 23:15.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    On the .223 vs 5.56 chamber thing, CIP (like SAAMI, but for Euros) doesn’t differentiate between 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington like we do for chamber minimum dimensions. IIRC, the CIP minimum dimension chamber is very similar to .223 Wylde, in that it has a .224” freebore but can fire proper 5.56 ammo.

I think most Euro nations require that the barrel and bolt to be serialized, with some requiring other parts also, and of course the receiver for US import. If you buy a Euro-made Glock or Beretta, you can see SNs everywhere, also.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    On the .223 vs 5.56 chamber thing, CIP (like SAAMI, but for Euros) doesn’t differentiate between 5.56x45mm NATO and .223 Remington like we do for chamber minimum dimensions. IIRC, the CIP minimum dimension chamber is very similar to .223 Wylde, in that it has a .224” freebore but can fire proper 5.56 ammo.

I think most Euro nations require that the barrel and bolt to be serialized, with some requiring other parts also, and of course the receiver for US import. If you buy a Euro-made Glock or Beretta, you can see SNs everywhere, also.
    On this rifle, the barrel, bolt, bolt carrier, upper and lower receiver all have Colt and the serial # engraved on it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Chamber is definitely .223 using the M Guns gage you can see in the picture and the headspace is tight at 1.4636.
    Wow. That's interesting. Beautiful gun by the way. I don't have a gauge, but based on Chrono comparisons and pressure indicators, the Euro 6920 I have behaves like a 5.56 chamber were several of my other carbines do not. (it chrono's slower than my 14.5s with pressure problems.)

As I was bitching about the plastic bag missing the guy at the counter said, oh we have that we threw it in the trash. So dumpster diving I went and I got that bag in good order. I fixed the box with some super brown tape for the most part
    Gun store apes are more retarded than Postal Employees.
    Last edited by markm; 04-09-24 at 14:31.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Forgot to mention….a CIP or Wylde chamber will fail that gauge.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast