Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Silly question: which 30 cal for my next AR? 300BLK, 308 or 7.62x39?

Feedback Score
    If you don't have a dedicated suppressed home defense setup, then a 7-9" 300 blackout is a nice addition to your toolkit. Just do a little home defense scenario larping when the wife and kids aren't home and you'll see how much of a difference it makes to navigate the corners and spaces in your house with a shorter barrel and suppressor.

Ex: My 8" 300 blackout with suppressor is still shorter than my 13.9 P&W 16" carbine by over 1.5" without a suppressor on it.

Sure, there is the MK-18 as a solution. But 5.56 gets real gassy at shorter barrel lengths and you'll need to tune your buffer weight, spring, and preferably your gas port.

13" 308 is cool, but what's the real application scenario there? Is it going to be a hard-hitting battle rifle that brings more oompf than 5.56 in the same range territory 5.56 normally covers?

I wish we saw more manufacturers doing 13.9 or 14.5 barrels in 308 expressly meant for pin and weld. I freaking love the length savings on my 5.56 with a 13.9 barrel.

Feedback Score
    I would go .300 blackout in a really short barrel. I have one with a 6” barrel and Maxim PDW stock. It’s a lot of fun to shoot. My .30 can for it is still in jail, so I haven’t been able to shoot it suppressed yet.

I had a .308 SBR (HK51) years back and it was a completely different beast. Huge fire balls and muzzle blast. I sold it and would never go that route again.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've got shorty 300 BO and x39 uppers. The BO is just a subsonic range toy (for me, nobody get your feelings hurt). The x39 is just a blaster, but is so cheap to shoot....
    My 12.5" 6.8 SPC is my hunting rig.
    A short .308 seems fun, but expensive for fun.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123