Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms SLX microprism

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    With mine, the only things I'd change are having a tactile lug on the illumination knob, and have a couple of lower settings, below level 1, which is almost too bright for when it's pitch black out.

But hot damn is it absolute daylight bright, which I do appreciate.
    The Steiner T series goes from so dim you cannot see it to what I consider daylight bright. The reticle isn't very bold however so that illumination is necessary. Still it's a fraction of the price of an ACOG and has an adjustable eyepiece.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    The Steiner T series goes from so dim you cannot see it to what I consider daylight bright. The reticle isn't very bold however so that illumination is necessary. Still it's a fraction of the price of an ACOG and has an adjustable eyepiece.
    Cool.

But "reticle isn't very bold" would be a deal breaker, because one of the things I do love about the ACSS-CQB reticle in this one is, that it IS bold as hell.

I find myself often NOT using the illumination in daylight, in certain applications, or against certain backgrounds.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Cool.

But "reticle isn't very bold" would be a deal breaker, because one of the things I do love about the ACSS-CQB reticle in this one is, that it IS bold as hell.

I find myself often NOT using the illumination in daylight, in certain applications, or against certain backgrounds.
    A lot of people miss this fact.

In some situations I prefer the black reticle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    The factory PA cantilever mounts will likely bend if you drop it. The straight mount seems ok, and overall a decent little sight, if you're not planning to abuse it to much.
    I like the small form factor of the new micros, just not a fan of how much of a PITA the parallax objective ring is to adjust.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    just not a fan of how much of a PITA the parallax objective ring is to adjust.
    Surely these don't have adjustable parallax, do they?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    No he is talking about the diopter ring. There is not much to grab on to and it is stiff but that helps with staying set once you get it adjusted. Only need to set it and forget it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I love the concept.

I too am trying the "poor man's ACOG" concept, and it's great. Got on of PA's 2.5xACSS optics, the older style, when they blew them out for 99 bucks a while back.

Fantastic setup. Have run it (on a light 16" middy) every which way, from 5 to 468 yards this far...close-in drills, SOTM, ringing steel at various ranges, run n' gun, low light, and gettin' down in the bubble shooting groups.

Have actually shot my best score to date on the MNQ with it, 30.32 w/ 1 miss = 15.

The optic is rugged and reliable. Love the ACSS reticle. The poor man's ACOG works great for me. It is the best of all worlds...just enough magnification for good PID farther out, and good accuracy at medium range, but not too much for close-in.

And much like with my LPVO, I have grown very fond of an etched reticle that's always there no matter what.

Rear BUIS for me is a folding Diamondhead that rides in back, underneath. Front is a fixed DD.

With mine, the only things I'd change are having a tactile lug on the illumination knob, and have a couple of lower settings, below level 1, which is almost too bright for when it's pitch black out.

But hot damn is it absolute daylight bright, which I do appreciate.

So, based on my experience with this one I wouldn't hesitate to use one of the newer, lighter, smaller 3x offerings. PA is good in my book.
    Do you have a link? Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To the optic? This:

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...eticle-pac2-5x

But I think the reason they blew them out for cheap was they may be discontinuing them in favor of the smaller, lighter 3x that was originally discussed here.

Not sure, but they've been OOS for several months now.

STILL very enamored with the Poor Mans ACOG setup. VERY effective for general purpose.

On my way out now to shoot a COF that'll involve multiple lanes, shooting from cover, SOTM, etc. etc. with steel targets at 50 to 200 yards. This rifle will be the one to take, it's perfect for it.

Feedback Score
    Im actually thinking of using one as a 5x qd magnifier behind an romeo4, using aurora mil reticle.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have no personal experience with such a setup, but it seems it would be a bit clunky, overall. I've never tried it, as I'd just go with an LPVO for roughly the same weight/bulk.

My thoughts: the magnifier is either either getting swung out of the way (creating an awkward bulk out on the side) or being stowed in a pouch, when not in use. That shit would annoy the crap outta me.

From what I've read of others' experiences with said setup, most people don't seem to care too much for the concept after really putting it through its paces.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast