Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Itching for an integrally suppressed 10.5, suggestions?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    Just noticed this thread and coincidentally enough I recently picked up a Gemtech Integra in 5.56 (and the Integra for the M&P 15-22 as well but I digress). I'm pretty happy with it, it runs great without any hiccups and basically all you hear at the ear is the sproing of the buffer spring. The handguard does heat up if you rapidly dump a mag or 2 but otherwise it's very comfortable though it is on the heavier side. I'm shooting yotes and pdogs with it the next time we head out west.
    You plan on getting a burn proof gear rail wrap for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    I'm pretty happy with it, it runs great without any hiccups and basically all you hear at the ear is the sproing of the buffer spring.
    This is with 556 or 22lr?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I own 2 integrals with cans under the hand guard. One is the innovative arms 15-22 integral sbr and the other is a custom 300blk with a 6” barrel and 6” can under a 12” hand guard. I’ll post some pics this weekend.

Neither are pinned/welded.

The 22 is under a polymer handguard and just does not get hot. It’s a lot of fun.

The 300blk does get hot after a mag dump or two but that’s not the guns intended purpose so it’s a nonissue.

That all being said, these are in addition to my regular supppressed sbrs, etc. I would not do it if I had to p/w them. Would just be too difficult to maintain. I would rather just pay for the stamp. However, if your state does not allow an sbr (or you travel with it) then I could see the appeal of a p/w.

In any case, have fun with your new toy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    You plan on getting a burn proof gear rail wrap for it?
    Nah, as long as you don't hammer it, the handguard stays comfortable enough. The only time it got too hot for comfort was at the end of dumping a Magpul D60, youch... For PDogs and Yotes it'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    This is with 556 or 22lr?
    5.56, I was shooting at the outdoor range without earpro (not the whole time), put about 200 rounds through it testing for hiccups.
    Last edited by b_saan; 06-22-23 at 16:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I own 2 integrals with cans under the hand guard.

Isn’t this a contradiction?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    Isn’t this a contradiction?
    Lol... yeah, I guess it is! Probably because I associate "integral" with a specific gun/suppressor combination with the can under the handguard. Sorry OP for the confusion.

In any case, here are some examples of my "integrals".

#1: Thompson Machine 22lr
    #2: custom 300blk
    #3: Innovative Arms 10-22
    #4: Innovative Arms Scorpion IASC9K

All of these are 2 stamp guns. All are toys that don't fill a need other than to make me smile. As I mentioned earlier, though, I am in a friendly state and don't travel with these so given that I chose to SBR everything in case I decide to change something. Good luck OP! I' sure you'll enjoy whatever you end up doing.

Attachment 70491

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I own 2 integrals with cans under the hand guard. One is the innovative arms 15-22 integral sbr and the other is a custom 300blk with a 6” barrel and 6” can under a 12” hand guard. I’ll post some pics this weekend.

The 22 is under a polymer handguard and just does not get hot. It’s a lot of fun.

The 300blk does get hot after a mag dump or two but that’s not the guns intended purpose so it’s a nonissue.

That all being said, these are in addition to my regular supppressed sbrs, etc. I would not do it if I had to p/w them. Would just be too difficult to maintain. I would rather just pay for the stamp. However, if your state does not allow an sbr (or you travel with it) then I could see the appeal of a p/w.

In any case, have fun with your new toy!
    I’ll likely end up just putting a pistol buffer tube on an 11.5” build and call it a day for now.
    Turns out my local farm and garden store is also a Gemtech dealer and has the silencerco kiosk set up in the back. Should make ordering one a lot easier, God bless Oklahoma lol.
    But now I’m back to the drawing board-what 5.56 can to get.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Itching for an integrally suppressed 10.5, suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    I’ll likely end up just putting a pistol buffer tube on an 11.5” build and call it a day for now.
    Turns out my local farm and garden store is also a Gemtech dealer and has the silencerco kiosk set up in the back. Should make ordering one a lot easier, God bless Oklahoma lol.
    But now I’m back to the drawing board-what 5.56 can to get.
    In this case, I would definitely get a piston upper. I prefer the PWS MK111 Mod-1 https://www.primaryweapons.com/mk111...per-223-wylde/. The piston systems now are well built, accurate, and lightweight. I also own a Superlative Arms conversion and have owned an Adams Arms conversion. Have shot an LWRC piston. I have three of the PWS because they’re the best balance of everything and I like the long stroke. Just my opinion.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    TFB just did and interview with Creative Arms from IA and they are doing some interesting intergral options that you may want to look into - https://www.creativearms.com/creativ...-isr-platform/

nawai

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    TFB just did and interview with Creative Arms from IA and they are doing some interesting intergral options that you may want to look into - https://www.creativearms.com/creativ...-isr-platform/

Thanks for he heads up!

I was fingering a huxwrx flow 5.56. It’s so damned short I could throw it on a pinned 14.5 and have a lot more options.
    Reeeeeeeealy looking hard at it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast